September Writing Challenge: Prompt #13:
In My Car
I’ve been a van driver for about 13 years now. I’m on my third one. I love my van! I have always loved vans! Growing up, I couldn’t have told you what I wanted to be when I grew up, but I knew I wanted a van.
We got our first van when Zoe was about five months old. Having three kids side by side in car seats on a single row is possible but not ideal, especially when a jealous sibling likes to cover the baby’s mouth and nose with her hand while you drive. Thus, we made the upgrade to a van. The first thing I immediately loved about our van was the sliding doors. No more parking lot door dings! Glory hallelujah!
I love being able to fit extra kids. I love being able to haul lots of things. I love that I can store items in the floor. I love the trunk space. I love that the seats can fold down. I love being able to strap things to my roof. I love that I can push buttons, and the doors will open.
Having a van is amazing, and no one can convince me otherwise.
Maybe I’ll drive something else after my kids are all out of the house (vintage Bronco, please), but for now, I’m all about the van!
As far as what’s in my van - well, only the most amazing stash of anything you may need (Scissors? Yes. Makeup? Yes. Soduku book? Yes. Tweezers? Double yes). But also, my dash board friends:
Steve, Eleven, Dustin, and Marty McFly
No comments:
Post a Comment