Saturday, August 1, 2026

Currently (August 2026 Edition)

Reading:


I’m still trying to finish the same books I was reading last month (face palm). 

Wearing: t-shirts and shorts. Survival clothes.

Singing: “Star Gazing.”

Buying: back to school necessities and possibly a new fridge. We’ve had our current fridge for 22 years, and Scotty has been jimmy rigging it to keep it working for the past five, so we’re beginning the research process for a new one without the pressure of having it go out and forcing us to buy something new right away.

Loving: being super busy at work. We just had a big sale, so we are filling lots of orders, and I love it when it’s busy. 

Hoping: to do an overhaul on my wardrobe soon and get rid of stuff I don’t wear. I don’t want to buy anything new, but I’d like to sort through what I have and make good use of it. 

Listening to:


Suffering from: hotness. I will let you decide if that means temperature or attractiveness. Just know that I am truly suffering.

Wondering: if people who don’t believe in an afterlife wish there were an afterlife. 

Realizing: in six years my kids will all be “adults.”

Trying: to read more and scroll less.

Eating: egg salad sandwiches.

Planning: meals for our next trip (methinks these sloppy joes should make an appearance!)

Thrifting: plates. I love finding new plates for my plate rack. The yellows are my latest finds. I was hoping for salad size plates, but I was happy enough with what I found.

I also found a green salad plate that was an exact replacement for a plate I dropped earlier this year!

Playing:


Watching:





Procrastinating: getting the laundry managed.

Weirded out by: pictures of fingernails on the socials. 

Craving: a trip to Disneyland. The only thing keeping me away is the hot weather (I love Disneyland in the winter the most!)

Annoyed by: GLP-1 commercials on Peacock. 

Enjoying: being in a stroller-free, car seat-free state of existence. 

Feeling: like I’m crazy. This has been one of the worst mental health summers of my life. My self-worth is in the shitter, I am so so angry, and I feel a sense of dread and doom. Other than that, I’m totally hilarious and an absolute delight. Who wants to hang out?

Building:

Missing: New Dragon Diner. 

Looking forward to: fall. It’s still gonna be a while til my happy weather.

Grateful for: ibuprofen.


No comments: