Friday, July 31, 2026

Went Away

Yesterday I posted about some of the things I love coming home to after a trip. We've been on a few quick trips lately, thus turning my thoughts in that direction. 

First we took our girls down to Snow College for FSY. It was Daisy's 2nd time going and Zoe's 1st. When Zoe pointed out to me at the beginning of the year that she was old enough to go to FSY, I about tossed my cookies. 

At the end of the week, we had to pick them up at 6:30 in the morning. Snow College is about two hours away, so we took advantage of my parents who live down that-a-way and stayed overnight at their house. 


We took a mountain tour and got nice and dusty. Then we played with goats and got covered in fur and probably excrement, but we just pretend it doesn't happen. 

We came home for approximately 24 hours and then left on another little trip to Strawberry Reservoir. We made the trip last year and had a lot of fun, so we decided to do it again. My mom and her husband came with us, and we stayed from Sunday to Tuesday. We rented a pontoon for Monday and hung out on the lake. 




I was hoping we'd have a freezer full of fish afterward, but we didn't catch a single one! We had fun playing on the water, though. Scotty did backflips off the boat (even after a young child at the dock told him he couldn't swim because he was "too giant"). Zoe was happy to not have her arm in a cast this time. Daisy was thrilled to be able to control the music selection. And I did soduku and only dipped my feet in the lake because I hate water and am the designated party pooper (but I'm happy to make sure everyone is sunscreened and fed).

Scotty recently won a Blackstone in a golf tournament, so we took it with us and cooked up some fajitas and hamburgers. 



The girls loved going to the dock and looking for crawdads.




On our last night, we had some rain and therefore, a beautiful rainbow!


Also on the last night we got cornered by a talkative, perverted, old man who spent an hour lecturing us about everything from politics to finances, and that's about ninety minutes of my life I'll never get back. 

On the morning we left, Eva expressed how hard her life is because she has to go on so many vacations. Poor thing! Can you imagine?

No comments: