Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Yellow Ridge Lane

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #2:

My Street


As I've contemplated this prompt, I've realized that I don't have a lot to say about my street. It's fine, but it's not amazing. I’ve lived here for 15 years. There are some great people on my street -people I’m happy to call my neighbors - and a ton of people I've never met. I feel a great desire to change this, but my few attempts to do so haven’t yielded great results. There's a man down the street that I introduce myself to about once a year. He never remembers me. Every time I "meet" him, he tells me everything he hates about every family on our street.

I'll tell you something I love about my street, though. It's wide. Vehicles can line both sides of the street, and there's still plenty of room for cars to pass each other. If we have nothing else on Yellow Ridge Lane, we at least have width, and if for some reason I ever live on a narrow road in the future, it is a luxury I will truly miss!

No comments: