Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Semi-Outdoorsy: It's a Thing


Outside

I don't really consider myself to be "outdoorsy." Instead, I think I'd describe myself as "semi-outdoorsy." 

Yeah. Semi-outdoorsy.

I go outside sometimes. 

There are things I love about being outside: fresh air, mountain views, plants and greenery, open spaces, and colorful skies - to name a few. There are also some things I hate about being outside: hot temperatures, wind, allergies, and creatures trying to steal my food.

Here are some of the things we've done over the past few weeks as part of our semi-outdoorsy lifestyle:

Hung out at Willard Bay with our friends


Countless bike rides
including our first successful outing with all four kids on bikes where no one crashed, and we made it over two miles 
(I got a flat tire, but no big deal)


Enjoyed the piers of San Francisco


Explored Muir Woods


Enjoyed the beauty of Muir Beach
(sand in the shoes and all)


Ate S'mores


Endured skinned knees at the splash pad


Hiked around Provo River Falls


Went fishing in the Unitas
(I don't support fish kissing)


Ate ice cream
(ice cream was devoured immediately prior to the taking of this photo and therefore, is not pictured, but it was rocky road from Summit Inn Pizza, which is one of our favorite places)
(And yes, pizza was also devoured, but we did that inside).


Did a campground service project


and spent some time topless


No comments: