Wednesday, September 11, 2019

More Than You Ever Wanted to Know About the Soup I Bought From Sam's Club

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #6:

Bullet Points
  • It's stormy today, and I love it!
  • I decided to celebrate the storminess by eating soup for lunch
  • I have some containers of soup from Sam's Club
  • They come in a two-pack and they are a couple of dollars off right now
  • (Offer ends September 15)
  • So they cost $5.98
  • That equals out to less than $1 a cup
  • Which I think it pretty reasonable
  • So I bought several kinds
  • And shared them with some friends who have been sick lately
  • The chicken noodle is good
  • So is the tomato basil, if you're into that sort of thing
  • I didn't buy the chicken tortilla because tortilla and taco soups are the armpit of the pantry
  • I mean, I'll eat it, but it's always something I make when there's really nothing better to make, and I need to use up some canned tomatoes and beans
  • So why buy it pre-made if I can produce it from my pantry in a pinch?
  • I promise I have a point
  • Wait... do I have a point?
  • I haven't tried the loaded potato, but I will soon
  • They haven't been stocking the broccoli cheddar
  • It doesn't have very good reviews, though
  • But neither does the chicken noodle
  • Am I weird for liking the chicken noodle?
  • It doesn't beat homemade, but it's still good
  • But back to lunch...
  • For lunch I tried the autumn squash soup
  • Ick!
  • It was more pumpkin-y than butternut-y, and it was very heavy on nutmeg
  • I don't like nutmeg! 
  • I threw away the rest of the container because I refused to share my living space with it
  • And then I took the second container to a friend who says she likes that sort of thing
  • I told her to beware of the nutmeg
  • She promised to let me know what she thinks
  • I do like butternut squash soup, though. Homemade.
  • And thus I conclude this post with the realization that it truly had no point
  • But just know that I am excited for soup season

No comments: