Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Meee Yow!

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #34:

Something New

Last week was Daisy's tenth birthday. How is she ten?? I can't even.

I decided to try something new and take her to Tinkers Cat Cafe for her birthday. Scotty is allergic to cats, so he stayed home and did boring things like watch baseball. But my mom and my other kids joined us.

Scotty made me promise to not adopt a cat while I was there.

But...

I'm pretty sure I need Fennec in my life.


He loved me! He really loved me!

But as he snuggled up to me, I would repeat "Cat hair and kitty litter! Cat hair and kitty litter!" to remind myself that I don't want a cat.


So let's talk about the fact that cat cafes exist.

It's kind of weird, right?

You can go to a cafe and order a drink and a pastry and then go sit in a room full of cats. I opted to not have any food and drinks there, though they had some Italian cream sodas and a few baked goods that looked yummy. It does smell like cats there, though, so the appetite is easily suppressed.

At the cafe, you can reserve a time to hang out in the cat lounge. We went during children's hour which is Thursdays from 5:00-6:00. I had to make our reservations online a few days prior. It was $6 per person (the normal price is $8 per person per hour).


There were 15 cats, and they are allowed to go in and out of the lounge, as desired. The room has chairs, cat toys, books, brushes, etc. You are allowed to pet the cats, but you can't pick them up. I was lucky to have Fennec climb willingly on my lap so I could have ultimate kitty bonding time. 

My kids absolutely loved it, and the girl who hosted us in the lounge did a great job keeping the kids busy. They played with the cats, of course, but they also drew pictures and played games. They got to feed the cats some treats and brush them. 

It was fun little outing and prrrfect for Daisy's birthday!


2 comments:

JJ said...

I've never heard of a cat cafe. I'm going to have to check it out.

love.joy.lane said...

My Perry would love this... He is my animal lover. The first pic of you is beautiful especially because I'm sure one of your kids took it.