Friday, July 21, 2023

Sleep is calling, but I’m hitting the ignore button (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: You may recall last summer when I thought it would be fun to let my girls express themselves artistically by painting our outdoor play set

Not what I had in mind

The other night I let them have another go. This is more what I envisioned:




It’s not exactly eye candy, but it’s a lot less… murder-y.

Fact #2: This week I harvested and bottled my entire crop of green beans. If you want to know what that looks like…

This…

24 sq ft x 9 seeds per sq ft = potentially 216 plants
(Definitely doesn’t look like it, but that’s square foot gardening for ya!)

Equaled THIS:

5 qts (minus one that didn’t seal) and 1 pt
(Enough green beans for my family to have a scoop of them once every ten weeks for a year)

If we’re lucky, we might get one more quart if I have time to pick and can green beans in the next day or two. 

Fact #3: The written word “can” in reference to “canning” food always plays out weird, doesn’t it?

Fact #4: Never do garden math. It will only discourage you.



Fact #5: I obsessively look at recipes, and Scotty obsessively looks at maps.

Fact #6: My brain has turned to mush. Remember how the other day I walked a half mile with a lens missing from my sunglasses? Well, yesterday I found this bowl of cantaloupe in my cupboard. That’s where I keep my batter bowl… when it’s clean and empty. So at least it was in the right spot!


Fact #7: I bought a pizza from Little Caesar’s the other day, opened the box, and this is what I got:


I’ve seen those viral videos of how employees strategically cut the pizza so they can steal a slice undetected, but I don’t think that’s what happened here. It’s more like someone stole half a pizza, and someone else stole half a pizza, and then they put the remaining halves together, and they were two different sizes. 

Oh how I hate an unsolved mystery!

Fact #7: I want to collect Little People sets and LEGO mini figures. 

Fact #7: I numbered these wrong. 

Fact #8: The way I hold my phone makes an indentation in my thumb, and then when it’s time to use my thumb to touch the screen, it doesn’t work right because of the divot. 

Fact #9: I accidentally walked in on my mom’s cat in the bathroom last week.


Fact #10: I found this squirrel on one of my recent morning walks. 


I felt a connection. 



No comments: