Friday, May 28, 2021

Fun and Responsibility

This week is one of those crazy May weeks - the week before the last week of school. We've been busy, and I'm slowing down for just a few minutes this morning so I can take a deep breath before I get going again. 

This week has been a combination of fun and responsibility. I've given us permission to eat at McDonald's multiple times a day. It is what it is. Since I got to take it easy in May of last year (one of the things I actually appreciated about 2020), I'm a little out of practice. I don't remember how to function on a full calendar. 

(Commence deep breath).

Fun

Last weekend, my sister-in-law initiated the following conversation:


Thus we ended up dropping everything, and driving two hours to the small town of Salina, Utah to stay at an Air BnB.... in a gymnastics studio!


It was, in a word, AWESOME. Our kids had a blast. My only complaint is that the place has no comfy couches to lounge about and be lazy on. I guess at gymnastics studios, you are expected to stay moving. Psht! 

Fun?

This week was a big week for dance. My girls all had costume rehearsals last week, dance photos on Saturday, then a technical (stage) rehearsal on Monday, dance auditions Tuesday, and concerts Wednesday and Thursday. 

Responsibility

Last week Nicky had his awards ceremony for school. 


He only has to go to junior high two more times! By golly! We near made it! One kid down, three to go.

(I can't even think about sending my girls to junior high or I go into full-on panic mode). 

Responsibility


I'd like to think this is responsible parenting.

One time one of my kids was at an outdoor party with friends and needed to poop, so now we have Code Brown.

Fun

This week I stocked the garage freezer with Otter Pops. We're as ready for summer as we're going to get!

(Release deep breath and go!)









No comments: