Monday, May 3, 2021

Running Out of Time

Today I'm going to write like I'm running out of time... because my laptop is almost dead, and I can't find my charger. A normal occurrence for me, as I am the most disorganized organized person you'll ever meet. I'm sure I put it in that "safe place" where I always put things that I don't want to lose or forget about. Can someone remind me where that "safe place" is? 

Normally I'd do a "currently" post about now, but formatting said post would steal precious battery life, so I'm just diving in and I'll write whatever I can get out before my computer gives me my final warning - the one that says, "No, really! I'm going to die any second!"

A thought... lately I've been feeling a little self-conscious about having a blog. I go through this thing every now and then where I wonder if it's totally stupid that I'm "X" years old and still have a blog. "Hi, I'm Britt! I'm almost 40, and I habitually write about myself on the internet!" This isn't a thing real grown-ups do for a hobby, is it? I mean, there's the whole "influencer" thing, but those folks are making mega income. The only profit I've made from blogging was a $25 gift card from Yahoo for allowing them to use a video clip of Nicky (found via my blog) in a compilation video they were creating. I don't think blogging for fun is a thing anymore, and yet, here I am! Living like it's still 2007!

My screen just darkened, meaning I'm in the first phase of lap top shut-down. Quick! I must upload a photo before my computer turns off. It needn't be relevant to the post. It's just a frill to break up the text. 

This.

(I also just got the notification from my phone that it's about to die. Clearly I live dangerously!)

Back to that self-conscious-about-blogging thing... I thought about throwing in the towel. Every now and then I wonder if it's time to move on. But ya know what? I love blogging. This has become my life history. I keep a journal where I document more private things, but my blog has given me a place to be a little more creative in my writing, and I like being able to do that. So I guess I shouldn't worry about it. I do worry, though, about offending people or writing things that I will later regret. When I read back over my earliest posts (beginning over 15 years ago!) I am so embarrassed! But at least I can see that I've learned and changed a lot since I was 21. Someday I'll be able to look back and see how dumb I was at age 37. 

In other news, I put dinner in the crock pot this morning and cooked it for two hours on OFF. 

Have I told you that I'm the most disorganized organized person around? I'm organized enough to have dinner planned and cooking by 10:00 a.m. but I'm too disorganized to turn the crock pot on. But hey, two hours isn't so bad. I've "cooked" all day on OFF many times. But it's been a while, and I appreciate the good run!

I’ve been awake since 3:30 this morning. The Yoda meme above is everything.

Okay, friends, the lap top is bidding me goodnight. Thanks for being here to support this grown-up in her immature blogging hobby. 




3 comments:

Shirley Smith said...

You have to be joking! I love your writing and how funny and candid you are. That alone should speak volumes. Then you have the fact that you enjoy writing and it's like keeping a journal. We've always been taught to write down our thoughts and feelings.
It's therapeutic! And who said there is an age limit? If I want to start a blog when I'm 90, you better believe I'm going to. Do what makes us happy, Britt!!
I laughed so hard at your Yoda memo!

love.joy.lane said...

As one who threw in the towel - I do not recommend.

As of Monday, I am no longer a mom of one in diapers. 14 years... 14 years of diapers and now I am done and I have no vehicle to write this news out. People need to know this and I now I got no way to tell them.

Amy said...

I love your blog and I'd be very sad if you stopped!