Tuesday, September 1, 2020

COVID Courting

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #15:

Date Night

In truth, with the COVID thing, Scotty and I have kind of forgotten that date nights are even an option. Last week I was talking to Scotty in between his work meetings, and I said, "Whoa! You know what we need to do? Go on a date!" He said, "Yes! Let's go tonight!" So we did. 

Earlier last week, Scotty had gone to a lunch appointment at a restaurant downtown called Chile-Tepin. I'm not much a fan of Mexican food, so I usually don't opt for Mexican restaurants, but Scotty thought I would like a dish they serve called parrillada, so that's where we went for our date. Parrillada (which means "barbecue") is a platter for two with shrimp, carne asada, chicken, and quesadillas. It also comes with rice, beans, and tortillas. It's a "here's a little bit of everything" meal, which I love! It was delicious, so I am not opposed to being courted at Chile-Tepin in the future. 

A photo I sent to my friend when 
we were half-way done
(the tiny Mexican flag made it all the more delightful)

Note to self: don't fill up on the chips and salsa before the food comes out next time.

After dinner, we went to WinCo to buy butter ($1.48 a pound, thankyouverymuch) and a few snacks for an outing the following day. WinCo doesn't exactly scream "romance," but for us, anywhere we go without our kids is a treat! So date night at WinCo? Sign me up! Plus we rarely go to grocery stores together, so when we do, it feels extra special. 

Maybe for our next date night, we'll go to the car wash and fill up our gas tank. Don't worry, we'll keep it PG-13. 

1 comment:

Mama B said...

We end up at the grocery store on lots of our dates too. Nothing wrong with that.

I've been getting caught up on your blog today if you can't tell from all my comments. I love when you do the writing challenge because then I know I have something to look forward to reading each day.