Saturday, May 6, 2023

It's May

Every year, it's tradition for many of my friends to send me Justin Timberlake "It's gonna be May" memes." This has gone on for so long, that if I haven't received any by April 28th, I start to get nervous. Luckily, they always pull through.



I've said it before, and I'll say it again... May is cray.

(Just my annual reminder to everyone in the world... don't get married in May!)

(Also, I just have to point out how outdated I am with my Justin Timberlake memes and my use of the term "cray" - which I only use to make fun of the term "cray," but then I have to laugh at how making fun of words ends up making them part of your vocabulary, and in the end - the stupid words win!)

So May is upon us, which means stress is upon us. But there's one thing that's very exciting to me about May: it means the final birthday poster for the school year!


Ten years ago, my kids started at a brand new school, and the PTA president asked me to make a monthly poster for the students' birthdays. I got to have a break during COVID, but now I'm back at it. Last week, I did the final poster for the year and skipped out of the building with my head held high. Bring on summer break! (Break from the birthday posters, that is. I'm scared to death - as usual - of having my kids home for three months). 

Here are all of the posters I made this year:

September
Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons


This year, I wasn't feeling very creative, so I started re-doing posters from past years. This is one I had done before. I had to start from scratch, though. Part of me wishes I'd saved all the posters from past years so I can re-use parts of them, but the other part of me is unwilling to store them. Also, after being rolled up, they're not always in good shape anyway.

October
Haunted Mansion


This is one case where I was able to re-use an old poster. I painted this Haunted Mansion poster for a trunk or treat a couple of years ago, and I re-vamped it as a birthday poster. It was a little wrinkly, as you can see, but it worked.

November
Sponge Bob 


This one was fun and new and probably my favorite poster of the year. 

December
Penguin


This was another recycled idea. I made this penguin several years ago, and Zoe insisted on bringing it home and hanging it on her bedroom wall. I reclaimed it, added a scarf, and made a poster. 

January 
Rocket Ship


Not much to say about this one. 

February
Groundhog Day


You may recall that I have a daughter who's obsessed with Groundhog Day. Zoe really wanted me to make a groundhog poster in February, so I obliged. I even made an extra groundhog so she could hang one in her room. She ended up taking this one, too, so there are TWO groundhogs hanging on her bedroom door. 

March
The Madness


This is anther poster I'd done in the past. I had to ask Scotty if March Madness still exists (it does) before I made it. 

April
Popcorn


This is another re-do from a past year. Not my favorite. My first one was better, but I remember not liking that one, either. 

May
May the Fourth be With You


And finally... it's May. And another poster re-do. 


No comments: