Thursday, May 25, 2023

One More Week of School (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: It’s after hours - meaning that my littlest ones are asleep (or will be momentarily). The big kids have retreated to the basement, and Scotty has gone to “band practice.” Therefore, I’m kind of alone. 

Fact #2: There’s so much I want to do with this time! I want to finish watching A Small Light (even though I’m pretty sure I know how it’s going to end).

I have a book I need to finish that was due back at the library today (Hang the Moon by Jeannette Wells), and I also wouldn’t mind going for a walk around the neighborhood because I didn’t exercise today, and I spent three hours sewing which means I sat down a lot. I’m also in the middle of an audiobook I am loving (Who Asked You? by Terry McMillan) (sexual content warning), and I could go for a round of Wingspan. 

But for now… I’m blogging. Because that’s also on the list of things I want to do.

Fact #3: The other day, one of my children, who shall remain anonymous (but if you know my children, you can do the detective work), used nail polish remover instead of make-up remover.

On her eyes

Twice.

Sigh.

Fact #4: I keep having dreams wherein “Brass Monkey” by the Beastie Boys is playing. 

Fact #5: The other day, I went to Kohl’s to return something to Amazon (a too-small shirt, if you’re wondering). There was a family in front of me that had two bins from their house labeled “Amazon returns.” They were returning about 12 items. I can only assume that this is a common practice for them. What kind of shopping habits do you have if you have to have labeled bins for your Amazon returns? I have so many questions.

Fact #6: One of my playlists I listen to when I exercise is titled “Musical Workout.” It features some of the more upbeat selections from musicals, such as “Stick it to the Man” from School of Rock and “Non-Stop” from Hamilton (can’t beat that synth). 

Might I say that the Moulin Rouge cast recording saved me from my workout slump this week? 

Fact #7: Speaking of musicals, I feel like I was born to play Mme Thenardier in Les Mis. But only because I’m too old to be Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray or Charlotte in Cinderella. 

Alas, my acting resume includes playing Mama Bear in my preschool exclusively, and I didn’t even get to sing or show off my sweet dance moves. 

Fact #8: I’m still on edge about yesterday’s text messaging fiascos!

Fact #9: I think we are finally done with end-of-year school performances. Daisy had her last (I think) Dance Co performance at school today, and I did an evil thing and talked Zoe out of doing her school talent show. I made it up to her by watching her do a ten minute miming routine in my living room.

Fact #10: I must now move on to my next activity… which will be brushing my teeth. But then! I’m going to read for ten minutes and then listen to my audiobook while playing Wingspan (which takes advanced skills).

No comments: