Saturday, May 20, 2023

Ten Days of May

“Where has Britt been for the past ten days?” you may be asking yourself. 

Or maybe you’re not.

But let’s pretend you are, and that you’ve missed me. It’s good for my self-esteem.

I’ve been consumed by May. In a series of bad photos, here’s what the past ten days have looked like:

Radio station interview for Zoe


Family History Library with the youth


Organizing supplies for girls camp in June


Guardians of the Galaxy


Theatre performance 


Making jam with leftover strawberries from Mother’s Day


Rainbows 


Mother’s Day


Planting the garden (and then weeding it and watering it and weeding it and watering it…)


Nicky being woken up at 4:30 a.m. on a Saturday for a surprise theatre breakfast


Three nights of dance concerts (two for our community dance studio and one for the junior high)


4th grade Utah program


Stress eating


Band concert (my view when sitting behind Jack)


Field trip


Getting a jump start on Memorial Day


Theatre banquet (and this is where my blog formatting gets wonky, and I can’t get it to adjust)


Seeing our friends’ performance of Freaky Friday


Not pictured: excessive laundry, continuing to keep everyone fed and sheltered, a massive shopping trip at Sam’s Club with mega food prep afterward, and trying to exercise in between all of it. 

I think the “May stuff” is a ploy to try and get me to look forward to school being out. Luckily I’ve been able to squeeze in a couple of books for my sanity, and I’ve beat Scotty at Ark Nova twice. 

Thanks for reading. My blog formatting has now gone back to normal at its own will. Plan on mostly list-style posts until May goes away. 

 

No comments: