Monday, September 26, 2022

The “Don’t Wanna” List

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #32:

Don’t Wanna

Here are some things I don’t wanna do lately:

I don’t wanna shower. I really don’t like budgeting any of my time in a day for showering. I know that makes me sound like a gross person. I’m not saying I don’t shower; I’m saying I don’t want to shower. There’s a difference! Showering is a complete disruption to my day. I can get so much stuff done if I don’t get wet! 

I don’t wanna do Come Follow Me. This schedule of study from the Church has never sat well with me, and over the past few years, I’ve come to resent the phrase “Come Follow Me.”  I’m not in a good place spiritually right now - I’ll admit. I don’t wanna listen to General Conference. I don’t wanna do my Church calling. I haven’t been to church since August - I was sick with bronchitis for two Sundays and out of town for two Sundays, and then we’ll have Conference, so I’ll have missed five weeks in row. I honestly never miss Church, so this is highly unusual, but it sure gets comfortable quickly. 

I don’t wanna prep my meds. I take five pills everyday - three supplements and two medications. I can never keep track from day to day whether I’ve taken my pills, so I have to use one of the days of the week containers. Every time I take the last pills and have to reload my container, I cry a little inside. This is a task I find incredibly burdensome.

I don’t wanna be awake right now. It’s 11:11 pm as I’m writing this, and I’m beyond tired, but I can’t stop coughing. I have been coughing for almost four weeks. I had a couple of days where it improved, and I thought I was on the mend, but then I started having random, lengthy coughing fits again. I’ve tried a few cough medications, but nothing helps. I don’t wanna cough anymore. 

I don’t wanna spend any money. After going to Florida for ten days, I don’t wanna spend another dime. I knew it was going to be expensive, but yowza. 

I don’t wanna have COVID. Scotty had COVID a few weeks ago, and none of the rest of us got it, which means five of us are susceptible to it after our Florida vacation. I’m not a germaphobe, but logically, one can assume that we were exposed to it hundreds of times between the theme parks and the flights. Plus, our traveling companions already have their post-vacation COVID, so ours has to be coming, right? 

No comments: