Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Beauty Tips From Back in My Day

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #33:

Product

I think we can all agree that I'm not a person that anyone should come to for beauty or fashion tips. I'm at peace with that. I peaked in 2006, and I'm pretty much stuck there. But there's one thing I can offer you from 2006 that I still think holds solid, and it has to do with a product... A Monistat product.

Now, I know what comes to mind when you think of Monistat. Calm down, calm down. I'm not going there, but I'm still going to ask you to be open-minded as you read this post. 

The product is Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel, and I use it on my face. 

True story!

Many years ago (around 2006), a blogger posted about this product and said she used it as make-up primer. I decided to give it a go, and I've used it as primer ever since! (Here's a post I wrote about it in 2011). I simply rub a light coat of the gel on my face before applying make-up, and it does everything a make-up primer should do, including helping my foundation go on more smoothly.

It turns out, the chafing gel has the same main ingredient as many quality make-up primers (dimethicone) at a fraction of the cost. At the time I started using it, several friends from my blogging circle (which is long dead) switched over from Smashbox and Bare Escentuals primers. 

So there you have my product recommendation! Rub some Monistat on your face! And heck, you can even put some on your thighs. I’m all about killing two birds with one stone.

No comments: