Monday, June 3, 2019

Currently {June 2019 Edition}

Reading: Nothing. That's twice in a row that I've put "nothing" here. I just don't feel like reading right now. I don't know what my deal is.

Watching: Nothing. What is happening here? No books. No shows. Who am I?

Singing: "We Didn't Start the Fire."

Stressing about: How to keep my kids busy for the rest of the summer.

Wearing: Knee-length shorts that are baggy and have an elastic waistband, a tri-colored shirt, and my Donny & Marie flip-flops. I totally look like a mom.

Craving: Sleep. Normally I put food here, but I'm in the mood to sleep. I really want to curl up in my bed with my strategically placed pillows and and take a nap. And if I wake up next to a Philly cheese steak sandwich, I won't mind one bit!

Excited for: A nap. Will I get one? Not so sure. I actually hate napping, but it's all I want to do right now. I hope that makes sense to someone out there.

Trying: To enjoy my kids this summer. The days are so long, and I feel like I exhaust all of my creativity and energy by 10:00 a.m. I just don't know what to do with my kids when they're home. I honestly don't have the energy for this. But I'm trying!!!

Feeling: Pretty run down. I'm ten kinds of tired right now.

Suffering from: An irritated throat. I had influenza back in February, and I never entirely got over the cough before I started having (what I think is) seasonal allergies. So I've basically been coughing for three months straight, and my throat itches like a demon. Now I have a sinus infection, and it has made it even worse. Wo! Wo, I say!

Buying: Too much food. I can't stop. And I justify it by saying, "This will be great for when we go camping!" So now I have a storage room full of "camping food," and we're going camping, like, one whole time this summer!

Annoyed by: The footwear industry. I feel like there are no shoes out there for me. I am always on the hunt for shoes that fit and feel good on my feet, and I never find any. They all rub the backs of my heels, are too narrow, have the arch support in the wrong place, or make my feet go numb.

Missing: The shows and characters that Nicky loved when he was little. Like Handy Manny. I don't have Handy Manny in my life anymore. I miss Handy Manny.

Loving: My bed. Have I mentioned how tired I am?

Frustrated by: My kids lying. I know it's developmentally normal for children to lie, but I hate it so much. Especially when I see what happened, and they know I saw, and they still lie to me. Really?!? Are ya'll trying to gaslight me?

Learning: How to use a scroll saw.

Regretting: Getting rid of my Littlest Pet Shop toys from childhood. There's nothing else I regret getting rid of, but I sure wish I had those toys. They were the original Littlest Pet Shop Toys, and not the large-headed figures of modern-day. I had tons of them, and my girls would have loved them!

Procrastinating: Making a doctor's appointment. I need to go in for a follow-up on my blood pressure.

Thankful for: Scotty's knowledge of electrical work. He has spent a lot of time in our attic lately installing soffit lighting and security cameras on our house.






1 comment:

Mama B said...

That's real nice that your husband knows how to do electrical stuff. We had to hire someone to update all our outlets.