Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Breakfast is Calling (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: This morning when my family started getting up for the day, I thought it was 8:00 a.m. I was thrilled that my kids had slept so long. No one has slept that late all summer, except for Eva last weekend at her grandparents' house. Turns out, it was really 7:00. False alarm.

Fact #2: Since it was only 7:00 (as I type this, it's 7:18) I am now filling the extra hour with a bit of blogging while my kids watch 5-minute crafts on YouTube.

Fact #3: 5- minute craft videos lead my children to believe that hot glue can hold anything and everything. Just one more way the internet is filling us full of lies. LIES!

Fact #4: I am biding my time while I wait for the appropriate hour to arrive wherein I may go outside and use power tools. I am in the midst of a bookshelf renovation, I have another custom order for the wood crafts I've been making, and Scotty and I are building a TV console.

{Custom order for Kara}

{Custom order for Karylann}

Fact #5: I had some beautiful fence slats that I hoped to use to make some cool stuff, but I was pretty sure they had lead paint on them. I've never tested anything for lead, and I have a few items in my home for which I'm taking an "ignorance is bliss" approach, but since I'm making things that will go in other people's homes, I figure I should test for lead.

As I suspected, the fence slats were positive.

{Red = lead}

Fact #6: So sad! Because look at that paint!!! (Heart eyes!)


Fact #7: I'm starting to drift from my Marie Kondo magic, and I want to fill my house with crap again. I've made a few purchases from the thrift store in the past few months that probably weren't wise and definitely weren't Marie Kondo-esque (I'm looking at YOU, gigantic Minnie Mouse chair!)

Fact #8: But it was only $4!!! And it made my daughter love me for a minute. I'll pay $4 for love! I will!!!

Fact #9: Speaking of thrift stores, every time we go to a thrift store, Zoe finds at least one stuffed Nemo and buys it. She now has six stuffed Nemos, and they all have descriptive names like, "Fat Nemo," and "Big, Fact Nemo." I'm expected to know exactly which Nemo she is referring to, and I fail her time and time again. 

Fact #10: I'm a little late to the game with this filter, but here's what I look like as a dude:


If you're feeling attracted to me right now, just remember... it's not real. Don't let the internet lie to you!

(Also, the filter had a really hard time working with my hair. Ha ha!)

-------

End time: 7:57 a.m. Probably still too early for power tools. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with those signs. You are seriously so creative. And dying over your "dude" photo.