Friday, October 28, 2016

Updates to Previous Posts

I've kept up pretty well with the 31 day writing challenge, and I've gotten pretty pumped up about blogging again. I'm amazed that when I transitioned from the hashtags (which I thought would be just for a post or two) that I ended up continuing to write actual posts. I think part of the reason I've been able to do that is because I'm starting to feel passionate about things again. Hooray!

The month is coming to a close soon, and I probably won't keep writing at this rate, but I might write a little more often than I was prior to this challenge. I feel like I'm getting some of my blogging groove back, and as long as you, dear readers, are content to read my mindless banter, we can continue enjoying this journey.

For today, I have some updates on some of my previous posts...


Connecting to people through this post was an amazing experience. I don't often share my blog posts on facebook, but for this particular post, I did. The outpouring of love I received in return was incredible. I had a few comments here and a few comments on facebook, but additionally, I had a lot of people text me, message me, call me, and approach me in person. I heard from people that I never would have thought were struggling with the same thing - people I admire and look up to and want to be like! I also had a lot of men respond to my post, which was really cool.


I'm happy to report that my gross problem has cleared up really nicely. Antifungal cream is the bees knees! Who knew? (No, really, did you know? Because I really didn't know!)

I bought a new yoga mat and tried it our at PiYo for the first time today.


Target didn't have the accessory I needed for my Halloween costume, so I had to improvise a little bit. It worked out, though, and I wore my costume to a party at my mom's house last weekend, and I won a prize!


Right after I interviewed Scotty, he started interviewing me. Then he fell asleep. Right in the middle of Question 8.

So there's a draft somewhere of my interview that might be completed someday if Scotty can ever stay awake long enough to do so.


Our pack meeting the other night turned out really well. We had a lot of positive feedback. The kids really liked the science experiments, and our mad scientist brought a few bonus items - a cow heart and four cow eyes. I was a little nervous about this, but everyone thought they were really cool. The weird part, though, was when I had to leave an iced cooler on my porch while I took my girls to the dentist so the "scientist" could leave them at my house. I came home from the dentist and checked to see if I'd received a delivery, and yep - there was a bag of cow parts in the cooler on my porch.

((shudder))

(I feel like I need to add that these organs were obtained via permit for educational purposes)

Sadly, we didn't get a single photo from pack meeting. Scotty and I are both pretty busy during pack meeting, so I think I might have to find someone in the ward to be our pack meeting photo guru (our former one moved, and I thought I could fill the void myself, but it's not happening!)



There are a couple of pictures on my phone that would be really great in this post, but since I can't use my phone right now, I'll have to sneak them into another post someday.

Have a good weekend, everyone! I'll be back tomorrow...

No comments: