Saturday, October 22, 2016

Halloween Prep

It's been a while since I've perused the thrift store, but I usually end up there around Halloween. In preparation for my first of five bazillion Halloween events (when did Halloween become a season instead of just a day? I swear my kids dress up eight different times before the 31st even hits!), I needed to take care of the final touches on my costume.

The thrift store has always provided exactly what I need for Halloween.

When I was the lunch lady, it was like, BAM! Lunch lady dress! BAM! Lunch lady shoes!

  Lunch Lady
{Sloppy joe... sloppy, sloppy joe!}

And when I was Mary Catherine Gallagher, it was like BAM! School girl skirt! BAM! Blazer! BAM! Tie!

Halloween 2008

(Looking back on these two photos, I can see that I have a pattern of poking the lenses out of sunglasses).

So last night I went to the thrift store looking for a dress that I wasn't sure I could find. On one hand the thrift store has yet to fail me on Halloween, but on the other hand, the dress was kind of specific, so I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd had to leave empty-handed and scope out other stores. 

But the thrift store gods provided!

I found a dress, nay, the dress!

And I am pleased. 

But that's not all I walked out with. I came home with two pairs of pajamas for Nicky, three dance leotards for my girls, a set of panel curtains, a hamper, snow pants and a jacket for Daisy, a dress for Eva, unicorn pants for Daisy, Nike high tops for me (although, for the first time ever, I was a little hesitant to buy used shoes due to the gross thing), and a little something silly that I know will come in handy someday when I find the right person to give it to. 

So I guess you could say I got a little "spendy." But wow! It was fun! I went with no kids. Can you imagine the beauty of such a thing?

Anyway, back to the Halloween costume. There is just one final thing I need to find, and I have my heart set on Target. It's my last chance. C'mon Target! You need to have my back on this one!

2 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

The lunch lady picture makes me smile every time that I see it - you are amazing!

Rhiana said...

I laughed out loud at your Mary Catherine Gallagher