Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Currently {October 2016 Edition}

Reading: The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. I am getting through it so slowly but not due to lack of interest. 

Watching: nothing! Gasp! I am equal parts relieved and saddened that I don't currently have a show. I like to have something on while I fold and put away laundry, but I can't even handle laundry right now. If I showed you a picture of my bedroom, you would cry for me. 

Imagine this: eight baskets of laundry in stacks on the floor. In walks a three-year-old girl who wants a very specific pair of Minnie Mouse pants. The three-year-old girl empties every basket of laundry onto the floor, finds her beloved pants, and then decides to wear something completely different.

Yeah... that was on Saturday. Today is Wednesday. The mess remains.  

Procrastinating: making my children's well-child appointments for the year.

Wanting: pants that fit and look good. Is that too much to ask? I need to get about ten pounds off so I can fit in my pants from last year, but since I eat four pounds of Halloween candy every time I take a statistics quiz (which is four times a week), that ain't gonna happen any time soon.  

Craving: a big, fat cup of water.

Wearing: capris that have a crotch that's going to split any day now.  

Relieved by: having the worst of my homework for the week DONE so I'll be able to focus on pack meeting prep for the rest of the day (I have several things due on Wednesday nights, but look at me! I did it all early! Woot woot!)

Stressing about: pack meeting, November birthday poster, and a birthday.

Missing: Lost. Did I ever tell you that I finished watching it through from beginning to end? 

Well, the last season still sucks. I was hoping that changed after six years.

It didn't.

The rest of the show was really great, though.

Excited to: watch the Gilmore Girls next month. In fact, I am so excited that I'm currently coaching myself through a calming breathing technique. 

Neglecting: my appearance. I hate wasting time on hair and make-up right now. It's something I often forgo for other things. Then I go to the store and pray I don't run into anyone I know. Unless they are in over-sized sweatpants with greasy hair, too. Then, by all means, let's stop and chat for a while! 

Thankful for: my bed and pianos. 

You see, I really like my bed. I've never been a big napper, and sleep hasn't ever been one of my favorite past times until this year. I can not function without a nap anymore. And at night when I crawl in my bed, I am so happy to be there! I even pray about it and tell Heavenly Father every day that I'm thankful for my bed. No lie.

And the piano! There is something powerful about piano music. I think it's beautiful. At the Maroon 5 concert when they started singing "Sunday Morning," the piano in the song went deep into my soul. 

Looking forward to: GRADUATING!!! It is still a year away, but I'm starting to get e-mails from the school about graduation. Eek!

No comments: