Monday, November 6, 2023

You Might be Forty…

I’ve had a lot of friends and family hit the milestone of turning 40 over the years, but these next few months are special because people my age are turning 40. We have arrived! 

(I have 55 days).

(I’m really excited about what I’m going to do on my birthday). 

Over the weekend, Michelle (my BFF/SIL) turned 40. She had a party on Saturday night, and I wanted to put together something fun for her, so I made a gift basket of things centered around “You Might be Forty…”

Here’s what was in it:

You Might be Forty…

…if you’ve worked at the same job for twenty years (notebook that says “work hard and eat snacks” on the cover)

Michelle has been at her job for 19 years (I rounded up). She went to school for interior design and works for a tile company. 

…if you sprinkle when you sneeze (sprinkles).

…if “what’s poppin” is your joints (popcorn and socks that say “what’s poppin?”)

…if you have five kids (the card game Five Crowns).

Michelle fought to get that 4th child, and when her husband was finally on board… they got twins!

…if the fashions from your youth have recirculated (scrunchies and a hair claw)

…if Oldies 94.1 is playing your jams (jar of jam).

…if some of your body parts need a boost (Olay booster serums).

…if you were born in 1983 (1983 t-shirt).


It’s always fun to put together a themed gift (my favorite of all time is my mom’s “smart ass” birthday basket from last year). 


(Not everyone can give their mom a “smart ass” birthday gift, but I can. It’s her love language. She has the plate on display in her kitchen).

Michelle is the first of my “besties of the same age” to turn 40. Now the rest of us will follow along. 

Here’s to forty (because we have no choice)!

Quick final photo as I was running out the door


No comments: