Sunday, November 12, 2023

Things the Kids Say: Episode 28

“Can’t I just be constipated in peace?”

-Eva

(You think it’s bad now? Wait til you have kids, dear!)

__________

“Don’t worry, Mom and Dad will never get divorced because they take showers together.”

-Zoe

(Yes, that is the key).

__________

“You know how he [Ed Sheeran] says ‘barefoot on the grass?’ What if his feet were balloons?”

-Zoe

__________

The Weeknd: Oooo, I’m blinded by the lights.

Daisy: This is The Weeknd, right?

Me: Yes, today is Friday.

Daisy: Mom!!! You’re as bad as Dad.

(No one is as bad as Dad. Well… except my dad).

__________

“Okay, Mom, since I’m hanging out in your room, you can’t watch any shows with murder.”

-Zoe

(She ruins all my fun).

__________

Carol of the Bells: Ring, ring, ring, ring…

Zoe: Is this a doorbell commercial?

__________

Eva: Mom, you’re so lucky you don’t have to go to school!

Zoe: But remember, Eva, she has to cook food and pay taxes!

__________

“Is this song from SIX, the musical? Because this does not sound like six-year-olds to me!”

-Eva

(SIX is about Henry VIII’s wives turned pop icons).

__________

Me: You and I are ministering partners now.

Daisy: What’s ministering?

Me: It’s just a way of making sure that everyone in our ward is looked after. We have a list of women that we can visit and help if they need us.

Daisy: Aren’t there people who get paid to do that? Like Shirley?

Me: That’s home health, honey. That’s something different.

Daisy: Is it, though?

__________

Eva: I need to think of a goal.

Me: Maybe you can read ten books this week, or eat a vegetable every day, or learn about something you’re interested in!

Eva: No thanks. I think I’ll just put duct tape on my feet and try to walk up the wall.





No comments: