Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Thank Heaven Tomorrow is Pay Day (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: I'm having a hard time getting going today. I started out with a bang. I've been awake since about 4:30 (typical for me lately), and I lived an entire lifetime before I dropped the final kid off at school. After that, I ran some errands and worked on some projects for the high school. Then at 10:30, I hit my wall, and I've been a vegetable ever since. Well, maybe vegetable isn't the right word for me. I'm more of a Hostess snack. Whatever I am, I'm tired, fluffy, and I'm not moving much. 

Fact #2: I’m so glad that the writers’ strike has come to an end. Now let’s all get back to writing my shows! But don’t get sloppy because you’re in a rush! I’ll wait for your best work.

Fact #3: Every time I blow dry my hair, my watch gives me a noise warning. That’s the only time it ever happens. My kids can scream bloody murder in my ear, and my watch doesn’t care, but the second that air flow hits high, I’m getting a lecture. 

Fact #4: During this time of increasing costs of all things, I am so grateful to McDonald’s for continuing to have my back with the $1 large drink (my apologies to those of you who live in places where McD’s doesn’t have this). Never mind that the former $10 Bundle is now called a Classic Cheeseburger Pack and costs $17.89 (true story). We get dollar Cokes!

Fact #5: The other night I had a dream that the gym rearranged all their equipment, and I was livid! 

Fact #6: I’ve never been to a pumpkin patch. And that’s okay. 

Fact #7: We managed to grow a baker’s dozen pumpkins this year.


We’ve gotten a bit of rain this week

There were probably ten more on the vine that never would have made it to adulthood because they grew so late in the season. I picked the last two today and started pulling the vines out of the garden. I now have tiny cuts all up my arms from the spines. Speaking of which… I got a pumpkin spine in my thumb a few weeks ago. I’m not always diligent about wearing gardening gloves, and I ended up paying dearly for it. My finger ached for days until it forced the spine out. 

Fact #8: Sometimes when a song comes on the radio, my kids start asking questions like, "Mom? What's a honky tonk badonkadonk?" and I have to be prepared with answers like, "It's a buttocks of exceptional quality and bounce seen in a small bar that plays country music."

Fact # 9: I keep a list on my phone of ideas for blog posts, and sometimes I can't remember what I meant by what I wrote. For example, my current list says "Babybel cheese," and I have no idea what I wanted to write about Babybel cheese! I can say this, though: there's a show on BYUtv called Food Factory USA, and there's an episode about Babybel cheese. I was so excited to see how they get the wax on the cheese, and then right at the point in the episode where I should have been privy to such information, they said it's top secret. Why, Babybel? Why can't you show me how you wax your cheese?

My bedtime snack for tonight

(Maybe that's what I wanted to say all along. Glad I didn't waste an entire blog post for that). 

Fact #10: I am having a hard time reading right now. I can’t get into it. I don’t know if it’s me or the books. I just keep quitting book after book. Meanwhile, I’m half listening to The Hunger Games because I don’t have to be 100% focused. 

No comments: