Sunday, January 1, 2023

True or False Revealed

In case you never marked your calendar (despite my slew of reminders), it’s my birthday today. Here are a few facts:

  • It’s snowing
  • It’s Fast Sunday 
  • It will be 11 years before my birthday falls on a Sunday again (which means it will be my 50th birthday!)
  • Our church moved from 9:00 to 11:30 beginning today
  • We are having a birthday party this evening… for Nicky
As if the holidays aren’t enough, our family has an abundance of birthdays from Thanksgiving to January. Celebrating is complicated because we’re all partied out. Yet we sally forth!

I spent my morning making a list of all my free birthday goodies and their expiration dates so I can create a food schedule across the next few weeks. It’s always good to have a plan, right? But I have something I need to say:

Dear Companies,
    
   Please don’t clutter my inbox with auto-generated birthday emails unless you intend to bestow something free upon me. Delta? My doctor’s office? Marvel Insider (whatever that is)? Your birthday messages are meaningless. I want a free flight, a free Pap smear, and a Spider-Man suit. 

Thanksabunch, 

Britt

Anyway, I’m sure you’ve been waiting on pins and needles to find out what’s true and what’s false from yesterday’s post. Without further ado, here are the answers:

 True or False?

1. I’m allergic to sesame seeds. False. This lie was inspired by the Chick-Fil-A app, which gave me a run-down of their sesame seed content yesterday morning.

2. I never make my bed. True. 

3. I can’t spell verbally. True. I would never survive a spelling bee.

4. I can quote most of all three Austin Powers movies. True. I'm not proud. But I also kinda am

5. I have taken belly dancing classes. True. 

6. I love mythology. False.

7. I’ve been to six U2 concerts. False. I've never been to a U2 concert.

8. I hate baby/bridal shower games, but I always win them. True. Also, funny that this series of posts very much resembles a shower game. 

9. I wear color contacts. False. I don't wear contacts at all.

10. My favorite board game is Cranium. False. I hate Cranium.

11. I refuse to buy clocks with Roman numerals. False. I have two clocks in my house with Roman numerals. 

12. I love toast. True. I often eat toast before bed. 

13. I throw with my left hand and do everything else with my right hand. False. I am fully right-handed. 

14. I like the smell of cigarettes. True. But only fresh and from a distance. 

15. I wear socks to bed every night. False, however, I do wear them when I'm sleeping in a sleeping bag because I can't stand the feeling of my feet on the inner sleeping bag fabric. 

16. I love beets. False. I'm not sure if I've ever tried a beet. 

17. I accidentally walked through a glass door once. False. I've walked into a glass door, but I've never gone through

18. I own over 300 books. False. I love books, but I keep very few of them. 

19. I’ve been on flights with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Anne Hathaway. False. 

20. I floss everyday. True. 

21. My first crush was Marty McFly. True.

22. I like the sensation of stretching my nostrils. True. It's weird, I know.

23. As a child, I had recurring nightmares about King Kong. True. 

24. I don’t like cookies. True. Every now and then I enjoy a cookie, but for the most part, I'm not a cookie fan. 

25. I can’t swim. True. If I fall off a a boat, I will die. 

26. I accidentally got my friend Wendy fired from her job at Quiznos when we were in high school. False, but I'm surprised I never got her in trouble because I used to go to her work and pull pranks on her with my friend Lynsie (for example, one time we opened the door and sent a tire rolling through the restaurant and then ran off). 

27. I love Bill Murray. False. Can't stand him.

28. I’m good with names. True. 

29. I took ukelele lessons growing up. False. 

30. I used to lie and tell people I was a barrel racer in the rodeo. True.

31. I’ve read the French translation of Pride and Prejudice. False. I've never even read the English version (save for 76 pages).

32. I’ve never been skiing. True.

33. I love the smell of vintage Volkswagens. True. They have a distinct smell. 

34. I never learned how to type. True. I made up my own way. I use all my fingers on my right hand and only one finger on my left hand.

35. I hate quinoa. True.

36. I've never read nor watched any version of Little Women or Anne of Green Gables. True. 

37. I have no desire to do artistic painting. True. 

38. I can recite the preamble to the US Constitution. True. I had a teacher who made us recite it every morning. 

39. I can do the splits. False. But I bet I could within two weeks if I stretched a bit. 

No comments: