Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Currently {January 2023 Edition}

Reading:




Wearing: jeans and a black and white striped shirt. 

Annoyed by: my kids constantly being bored but also refusing to do anything. 

Struggling with: energy. I'm tired, ya'll.

Laughing about: the other day our Alexa would make fart noises any time we talked to her, and then she would describe the fart. She wouldn't do anything else, so we had to unplug her. I keep asking the kids what they did to Alexa, and they all claim innocence.

Sad about: tWitch.

Watching:

I turned on Lost yesterday and made Nicky watch the first two episodes. 

Dreaming: of what it would be like to have a dishwasher that actually washes dishes! 

Singing: "Way Less Sad" by AJR

Building:


I haven't finished a puzzle since November, and this one has been underway for far too long. 

Looking forward to: getting back to a normal routine after the holidays. 

Cooking: taco meat. We've hosted two taco bars in the past week, and we have a lot of taco stuff leftover, so I'm making a fresh batch of taco meat so my kids can have tacos for lunch while I go out with my friend Lynsie for my birthday. 

Eating: Chinese food with Lynsie. 

Listening to: sounds not of my choosing. Daisy is watching a show on Netflix with the sound turned up way too loud, Zoe is in the kitchen coughing and sniffling, and Nicky is talking my ear off and making me watch videos his friends keep sending him. 

Tired of: vanity. I'm tired of seeing it around me, and I'm tired of feeling like I need to participate in it. 

Playing:



Scotty and I got the game Ark Nova for ourselves for Christmas this year. It's way more complex than I thought it would be. 

Frustrated by: messes. The holiday aftermath is intense. 

Needing: a new laptop. Mine has been on it's last leg for about three years now. It's literally falling apart, but I really don't want to buy a new one. 

Buying: not a laptop! 

I'm not actively buying anything currently, but I've been researching dishwashers and ovens. 

Feeling: trapped. I feel like I can't ever leave my kids because of how bad they fight. I can't leave them home unsupervised, and I feel like it's cruel to ask someone to watch them. 

Missing: a gelato shop that Lynsie and I used to go to all the time. It went out of business several years ago and left a hole in my heart.

Procrastinating: paying Daisy's school fees. I can't remember the login for our account. I have until February before I get sent to collections. 

Grateful for: snow blowers. 

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

Oh the zoo game. Dunkleys taught us and I'm still trying to process it. So many variables at play with that one.