Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Goal Check-In #2

It's time for another check-in on my 21 Before 21 goals. Thank you for bearing with me. I thrive on this form of accountability, so I should do this more often. 

1. No soda for the rest of the year.

So far, so good! But the other day I caught a whiff of freshly poured Pepsi and wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. I am 43 days soda sober. 

2. Finish reading Jesus the Christ

I'm on chapter 14. 

3. Try 10 new recipes. Done!

On my last check-in, I had tried two. I have since tried:

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal* (Loved! Especially with a drizzle of maple syrup and whipped cream)

Thai Mango Red Curry* (Just okay. Not likely to make again)

Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta (Yum! Will make again but with thicker sauce)

Slow Cooker Company Pork Roast* (Yum! We marinated it then smoked it instead of slow cooking it, though)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Good, but I didn't have enough pumpkin pie spice, so they were a little lighter in flavor than they needed to be)

Sweet Citrus Chicken Salad* (Good, but the green onions nearly killed me an hour after eating it, and that kind of ruined the experience)

Southwest Cobb Salad* (Meh. The chicken was delicious, the dressing was disappointing)

Smashed Potato Salad* (Not for me)

Pumpkin Oatmeal


Sweet Citrus Chicken Salad


Smashed Potato Salad

I guess that means I'm done with this goal. I'm kind of sad about that. I should have aimed higher. My doctor had me go gluten-free for a while, so the recipes with * are some of the ones I made gluten-free. I’m happy to say that I don’t appear to have gluten intolerance. Give me all the breads!

4. Get a haircut. Done! I also colored my hair, so I feel like I've overachieved. 

5. Don't eat out for a month. 

Going strong! And I'm actually really enjoying it. The list of meals I plan to eat out after this month is getting long, though. I am looking forward to parrillada from Chile-Tepin, a Pepe from Jimmy John's, happy hour at Itto, and some Papa Murphy's pizza on our smoker. 

Nicky's contract

6. Finish the closet doors in the basement.

The doors are built and stained. Now I just need to get a coat of polyurethane on them then Scotty can hang them.  

7. Get the door hung on the storage room.

Haven't started. 

8. Hang the closet doors in the kids' bedrooms.

Haven't started. 

9. Weigh less on December 31 than I weigh today.

Not sure what my current weight is. I had a doctor appointment last week, and they didn't weigh me! And I haven't weighed myself. 

10. Walk 250 miles. 

I'm falling behind on this one, but I am currently at 51.5 miles. 

11. Do 2,000 push-ups.

I'm at 446.

12. Do a DI run. Done!

13. Clean out the garden. Done! 

14. Try something new. Done!

15. Finish 9 books.

I've finished:

  • The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Dare
  • The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
  • Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
  • Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
  • Find Me by Anne Frasier

16. Clean out the box of junk that's been sitting on the window seat in my bedroom since July. Done!

17. Go to the doctor. Done! 

18. Complete a study of temple symbols.

Still working on this. 

19. Buy a dishwasher.

I've narrowed it down to two models.

20. Finish a self-reliance class.

Two more weeks. 

21. Hang the sign over the washer and dryer that's been sitting on the floor for two months. Done!

No comments: