Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Something that Comforts Me



I have to confess, I've really struggled with this prompt. I've written and re-written this post many times - changing my answer with each revision.

Most of my comforts come in the form of ideas or beliefs that are too abstract to write a decent post about. And while many of my beliefs are of great comfort to me, they also come with certain nuances. Add to that the fact that I don't feel very "comforted" right now. There's an area of my life where I feel invisible and undervalued, and those feelings are affecting every other aspect of my being.

But here is what comforts me:

Feeling acknowledged. Particularly by God.

I've felt it in the past. For that I'm grateful.

I'll feel it in the future. For that I'm grateful.

I don't feel it right now.

And I don't say that to be dramatic. I know it definitely sounds theatrical, but that's not my intent. God and me? We have droughts. I don't doubt His love for me. It's acknowledgement that I struggle with. I guess I'm the kind of person who needs constant validation, and I'm past-due.

No comments: