Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Month, a Challenge, and a Home

My friend Amy is using the prompts from a challenge called 30 Days Hath September to give her instagram some variety. I saw her post yesterday and immediately wanted in! The challenge is actually for a scrapbook album. For each day there is something to capture, something to collect, and something to record. I figure at least one of the three will inspire me each day, and since I'm alight with energy from Fall approaching, I could use a channel.

I've missed the first three days, but I'll try and get those in before the month ends because I really like the prompts (or maybe I'll let this project bleed into the first few days of October).   

September 4: A photo 
of the outside of your home

Home 

I love my home. There are a lot of things I would change about it if I could, but I still truly revere my home and feel deep gratitude for my "place."

Sometimes when I turn the corner and see my front door, I feel a sensation of comfort - first, because I'm arriving somewhere safe and familiar, but also because I'm arriving to a place that I've created. A home isn't so much about the structure - the size, the location, or the decor - it's about what's cultivated inside the walls. It's a place for love, traditions, and development. It's also a space for frustration, forgiveness, and grief. 

My home is where I face my best and worst selves. Some of the greatest things I've ever accomplished have taken place inside my home, and some of the worst things I've ever done have taken place there, too. 

Home is a place for growth and continued learning. It's place where I get to keep trying and improving. It's a place that challenges me to become something more.

With all the imperfections and messes that are revealed when that blue door opens, there’s still something about it that’s just right.

It’s home.

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

"My home is where I face my best and worst selves. Some of the greatest things I've ever accomplished have taken place inside my home, and some of the worst things I've ever done have taken place there, too."

That my friend is a beautiful sentiment!