Wednesday, September 26, 2018

September Feelings

For the month of September, I am using prompts from a project called 30 Days Hath September. Each day has a prompt for something to capture, something to collect, and something to record. The prompts are for a scrapbook album, but I thought they'd be wonderful blogging prompts as well. I am selecting one of the three prompts to write about each day. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

September 26: Feelings that have changed since 
September 1st

I had a bout of depression this month. I tend to have more depressive symptoms after big changes, so I think this round might have been generated by my kids going back to school. When school started, I was extremely hard on myself about how I spent my time. Day after day, I beat myself up over the stuff I wasn't getting done. I have this long list of things I want to accomplish while my kids are at school, and I continually fail. It takes everything out of me to get my kids to school each morning, and I end up too tired to do anything after they leave.

I've also had this problem as of late... Let's refer to it as "raging PMS."

PMS was never an issue for me until this year. Now I get super hormonal, and I basically want punch every person who speaks to me in the throat. I also want to sleep for a whole week. I get so fatigued. This month, I was depressed and had raging PMS at the same time, so I was a hot mess!

I'm doing much better now. I've somehow managed to let go of my intense need to "get stuff done," and my raging PMS has passed (so please enjoy being around me before I become a holy terror again).



For the past week I've focused more on getting outside with my kids and less on doing household tasks. We've been hanging out at lots of parks after I pick up Zoe from kindergarten. We are all much happier for it. I asked Scotty to fix my bike tires, and I've been taking Zoe and Eva on rides. I've also started running a little bit (key word: little). Between riding my bike and running, I have an extreme case of Jell-O legs (if I follow my usual pattern, I will quit both activities before October begins).

The cooler weather is such a relief. I love this time of year. For the past two days, I've worn pants!


PANTS!!!

I broke out my boots (I had to brush dust off them), and I bought a new pair of sweats that I'm pretty sure will be my winter uniform.

So here at the end of September, I feel much better about many things. Feel free to check back with me in about three weeks, but watch out!





1 comment:

JJ said...

Sorry about your depression. I hope you feel better.