Tuesday, September 11, 2018

80,999

For the month of September, I am using prompts from a project called 30 Days Hath September. Each day has a prompt for something to capture, something to collect, and something to record. The prompts are for a scrapbook album, but I thought they'd be wonderful blogging prompts as well. I am selecting one of the three prompts to write about each day. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

September 11: The miles on an odometer and a list of places you've been since Sunday

Odometer

(Note to self: Time to dust the dashboard)

love my van. Like, really.

This month, we paid it off! So now I love it even more.

Our van is racking up the miles quickly. Twelve thousand miles per year is considered "average." We've earned over 20,000 per year. Maybe I should stay home more... 

Nah.

(But probably I should).

Here's where I've taken the van since Sunday:

Home
Church
Scotty's mom's house
The school
Moochie's (for me)
Chick-Fil-A (for the kids)
McDonald's (for after-school ice cream cones)
The park
Piano lessons
Library
Dance class
The gas station

I also went on a nice, long drive with my little girls after school because I didn't want to be home with them. There are times when the best thing to do for my sanity is to keep them seat-belted in an air-conditioned moving vehicle with a DVD player. Totally worth the miles.  

No comments: