Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Family Doodles

For the month of September, I am using prompts from a project called 30 Days Hath September. Each day has a prompt for something to capture, something to collect, and something to record. The prompts are for a scrapbook album, but I thought they'd be wonderful blogging prompts as well. I am selecting one of the three prompts to write about each day. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

September 18: A photo of the whole family

Since I don't post many pictures of my children on my blog, I had to get a little creative with this prompt. I decided to have each of my kids draw a picture of our family. 

Here is Nicky's:

Family Portraits

He was in a "get this over with" sort of mood, but his personality shows in the fact that he and Scotty are wearing top hats. Nicky always throws in something funny even when he's being lazy. I can imagine him thinking, "I'm just going to do stick figures... but they're going to have top hats!"

Here is Daisy's:

Family Portraits

Daisy always spends more time on realistic details, and she often gets mad at herself for not being able to do draw things perfectly. She gives up quickly, so I'm actually surprised she didn't draw the first two people and then say, "You do it, Mom." 

Here is Zoe's:

Family Portraits

I love that she assigned everyone a letter (slightly inaccurate, but charming nonetheless).

She also added an extra person, and when I asked her about it she said, "That's Susie."

Welcome to the family, Susie!

(And no, this will not be one of those things where my kid draws an extra child and then we have a baby. Susie is far more likely to be a hamster than a human).

Eva refused to play along. She's very firm on the fact that she's not my performing monkey. 

No comments: