Friday, April 20, 2018

Currently {April 2018 Edition}

Reading: Nothing. It just dawned on me that I don't really have a book in progress right now. I must remedy this post haste!

(I have a few I've downloaded on Overdrive and haven't been very thrilled about. I also have one from the library and one from my book group that I should probably start exploring. I have options).

(But can I be honest? I don't really feel like reading right now).

Update: during the creation of this post, I paused to read There's a Wocket in my Pocket to Eva.

Watching: Gilmore Girls - again.

Wanting: A new oven. I'm "in the market." We aren't to the point where we absolutely need a new oven, but our oven is original to the house, and the stove has been questionable for about ten years now. We've replaced some parts, but three of the four elements have to be wiggled to get them to turn on (not good for canning season).

I've been trying to decide if we should go for the double oven or opt for the more affordable single oven. I've dreamed of having a double oven for years, and they have come down in price a lot (much more affordable than the low-end $5,000 models of yesteryear).

If I do get the double oven, I will be sacrificing the oven drawer, which we kind of need for pots and pans. Our house has very little storage space, so I'd have to do some storage scrambling. Also, the bottom oven is so low to the ground that the door basically opens and rests on the floor. Do I want to work with an oven that low? But most of my cooking would be done in the upper oven, and twice a year when I bake Papa Murphy's, I will be a very happy woman! The bottom oven is a convection oven, which is very exciting! But that requires a learning curve as I will have to adapt my baking times. Pros and cons, folks. Pros and cons!

Craving: Corn Flakes. Did you know that I have a Corn Flakes problem? I guess it's better than a drug problem.

Here I am talking about fancy ovens when all I need in life is a box of Corn Flakes!

Wearing: A BYU shirt, workout capris (that I actually worked out in!) and a jacket.

Singing: "Never Enough."

I am truly fascinated by the phenomenon of having songs stuck in one's head.

In high school, my friend Wendy told me that "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" had been stuck in her head for most of her life. I could empathize with her because, for much of my life (and still), I'd had "That's What Makes the World Go Round" from The Sword and the Stone running through my head. I'd never heard of another person having A Song like that. Anyone else out there have this problem, or are Wendy and I a special breed?

It's like... if my brain pauses for a second, it gets antsy to fill the void, and it automatically turns to "To and fro, stop and go, that's what makes the world go round."

And I kind of hate it. And I think, "No! Not again!" And this has been happening to me since I was about two years old.

Relieved by: feeling a little less depressed than last week. Hopefully it really was just an after effect from being sick. I'm still more tired than usual, but I don't feel as down. I started snapping out of it on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that I continue to improve. I'm seriously blown away by how much that strep affected my life. It destroyed me!

Stressing about: Medical bills. Not the expenses, per se, but the errors. In the past week, I've had to call my insurance company twice, my dentist twice, the pediatrician's billing office three times, and the hospital's billing office once. I ended up paying a bill that I shouldn't have had to pay just so I wouldn't have to make another phone call (luckily it was only $10). For some reason we had a bunch of medical billing issues hit at once (some from our insurance from Scotty's job he left a year ago). We aren't normally this saturated!

We haven't started getting the bills from Daisy's ER visits yet. Hopefully they will be correct so I can just pay them and move on.

Neglecting: my abs. They need work, and before I got sick, I was doing the work, but now I haven't engaged an abdominal muscle since before Easter.

Trying: to allow myself two desserts a week. I've found that when I do this, I enjoy my desserts so much more! As sugar's biggest fan, it's incredibly difficult, but it really pays off when I get to mindfully enjoy my limited sweets each week. I've already cashed in my two this week, so the weekend might prove difficult! Any time I've done this in the past, I've made sure to save at least one of my desserts for the weekend, but I'm out of luck this time. Hold me back!

Feeling: a little uptight, angry, and opinionated. Thank you to everyone who has listened to me rant this week.

Buying: new make-up. I decided it was time to try a new product, so I splurged on some It Cosmetics CC cream (I usually use Bare Minerals). I'm excited about the SPF 50. I also re-started my Ipsy account.

MAKE-UP!

MAKE-UP!

Loving: blossom season. I adore the flowering trees.

Worried about: my kids (of course!) but right now, in particular, their friendships and their health have been the most pressing for me.

Thankful for: friendship, a comfy bed, and good hair days. 

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

Just think, with a double oven you could have your casserole and rolls cooked at the same time for dinner!, baking cookies would take half the time, etc... I can see the storage dilemma though, I use my drawer for pots and pans too, but you're creative. Good luck deciding!