Monday, April 16, 2018

Three

Yesterday was Eva's birthday. She's three - the age marked by simultaneous cuteness and sheer horror.

Bring it on.

Lately I've been mourning how fast my baby-having years have gone (I almost said "child-bearing" years, but it doesn't sound right since I am still within a reasonable age range of being able to have children. I'm just choosing to not have any more).

2007882_137
{Newborn Eva}

It really does fly by. It feels like I'm still new at this parenting thing, and yet, I'm fast approaching the teen years. How did that first baby get to age 11 so quickly? I'm no professional, but I've been parenting long enough to have learned a few things.

I wish I could have a "do over." I wish I could go back in time with the knowledge I have now and do things differently. There is so much I would change. My priorities now are so different from what my priorities were when I had that first baby.

And I'm still learning. Forever learning.

Because of that, I will always wish for "do overs."

But back to Eva...

She is three, and I can't believe it. In honor of this big milestone, here are some facts about Eva - in threes:

Three shows she loves:

1. Daniel Tiger
2. Pinkalicious
3. Curious George

Three things she says all the time:

1. But it's really special (when explaining to me why someone else can't use her stuff)
2. Get me milk (to which I respond, "How do you ask nicely?")
3. Me go Grandma's house?

Three toys she loves:

1. Dolls
2. Toy food
3. Dress-ups

Three things she loves to eat:

1. Fry sauce 
2. Yogurt
3. Strawberries

Three things she likes to do:

1. Swing
2. Ride bikes and scooters
3. Watch shows

Three things she hates:

1. Having her hair washed
2. Large crowds
3. Loud noises

Three things I have to hide from her:

1. Make-up
2. Chocolate
3. Lotion

Three places I really don't like taking her:

1. The store
2. Church
3. The doctor

Three things I love about her:

1. The way she says root beer
2. Her cute, little voice
3. Her ears (they look just like my ears when I was little)

Happy birthday, Eva. 
Now stop growing cause I can't handle it!


No comments: