Tuesday, April 17, 2018

It Depends

A while ago my BCIL (best cousin-in-law... it's a thing) Cyndi posted this "would you rather" questionnaire, and I told her I was going to swipe it from her. Then I started really thinking about it, and I remembered how hard it is for me to work through hypotheticals. My answer is almost always "it depends," because I first need to ask thirty questions to explore the scenario more accurately (which is a very annoying habit, I admit).

So let's just say that "Would You Rather" is not a good game for me. See?

Would You Rather...

1. Hike or bike?

It depends. Is the terrain the same in either scenario? Because if it's on a mountain, I would rather hike. My feet are safer on the ground. But overall, I'd rather ride my bike on a paved trail for miles and miles than go for a hike.

2. Watch Star Wars or Star Trek?

It depends. Is there an option to say neither? If forced, I'd probably go with Star Trek. But are we talking about the movies or the TV series? Or both? Because if I have to watch a bunch of Star Trek series, I'm better off watching the Star Wars movies because I'll get it over with sooner.

3. Kindle or paperback?

Paperback. Okay, that one is easy. But I've been known to download digital books from Overdrive on free Wi-Fi in waiting rooms.

4. Hawaii or Alaska?

It depends. What season is it? I have always wanted to go to Alaska, but I don't want to have to wear snow gear. So I would say that if I have to wear snow gear to go to Alaska, I'd rather go to Hawaii, but if I only have to wear a light jacket, I choose Alaska.

I will interject that I refuse to die in Alaska like Chris McCandless, though. This is a topic Scotty and I have discussed at length. Scotty sees Chris McCandless as somewhat of a hero. I think he was reckless and made poor choices. This will forever be debated between us.

5. RV or tent?

It depends. Where am I going camping? If it's an organized campground, I don't mind a tent because there are bathrooms, and tents are less bulky and do not require dumping a septic tank. If it's not in an organized campground, an RV is nice for bathrooming. But then the septic tank... ew. I grew up camping in both ways, and we had a lot of 'poop gone wrong' in both scenarios.

6. Pool or ocean?

It depends. I want the one that's less crowded. And I don't want to find myself in the middle of either of them!

7. Skiing or snowshoeing?

I've never done either, so I don't even know! I feel that I could enjoy or hate either one!

8. Explore space or the ocean?

Neither. Both are death traps. Haven't you seen the movies?

9. Group work or do it alone?

Alone. Hands down. Sorry, other people.

10. Hire a cook or a maid?

Sue.

11. Amusement park or mountains?

It depends. One amusement park is not like the other. I'm leaning toward mountains, but ultimately, I will go with whichever is less crowded. You'd think mountains would be less crowded, but not where I live!

12. Be on a survival reality show or a dating game show?

Oh gross. No to all. I choose Dancing with the Stars (though I don't qualify in any way).

13. Have nosy neighbors or noisy neighbors?

It depends. What kind of noise are they making, and how late are they making it? We have renters nearby, so our neighbors are always changing, and a few tenants ago, there was this guy with a horrible meathead laugh who was prone to finding humor outdoors late at night. I'll never forget that sound!

14. Be too busy or too bored?

Both are terrible ways to live. I refuse to choose (this makes Nicky so mad. He is always asking me "Would You Rather" questions, and I refuse to answer a lot of them, and it makes him furious. "You have to answer, Mom! That's the rule!")

15. Have school uniforms for my kids or their own clothes?

Own clothes. At the rate I conquer laundry, I need flexibility.

16. Sing like an opera star or be a gourmet chef?

Singing and eating are equally important to me, so I will take either one! Though, I hope I don't sound "too opera." I just want the range and power of an opera singer! I don't actually want to sing in operatic fashion unless it's for a SNL sketch or something. I will say, though, that if I have the ability to break a glass with my opera singing, I would be quite pleased. My goal: a Pyrex dish. Aim high. That's what I always never say.

17. Own my own boat or plane?

Boat. But let's be realistic, I would never be able to handle the upkeep of a boat, so it's best for me to own neither. Unless I get a crew. Do I get a crew?

18. Go out with friends or with your spouse?

I'm with Cyndi on this one. I love to go out with my spouse with friends.

19. Be Batman or Spiderman?

Dark and mysterious rich guy or prepubescent wall climber? I'm gonna go with the rich dude (but my real desire is to be one of the X-Men or to have the moves of Scarlett Johanssen as Black Widow without being Black Widow).

20. Have a Texas accent and live in New York City or have a New York accent and live in Texas?

New York in the summer and Texas in the winter, and I'll talk however it comes out.


1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

11. But you love Disneyland!
14. When my kids start asking me the"would you rather" questions I'm in the same boat. These are definitely hard to choose at times.