Thursday, December 29, 2022

It Happened in 2022


It's the end of the year, and I'm really excited because I love the New Year! It's so appropriate that I'm a New Year's baby - not because of parties or presents or anything like that, it's simply because I love the freshness and motivation that comes with the changing of a year. There are only two times a year I have an energy burst: when my kids go back to school and when a new year starts. I eventually hit a wall just like anyone else, but I'm gonna ride the new year wave as long as I can! Bring it on! 

New Year, New Me! Just don't blink, or you'll miss it!

My gift will be short-lived

Here's a summary of some of the things that happened in 2022:

January

  • We spent New Year's in Phoenix
  • I turned 38
  • Eva crashed her bike and had to go to the ER
  • Scotty went on his first post-COVID brocation to Disneyland

February

    • We took Nicky and Daisy to see Hamilton
    • Scotty's step-brother passed away in a car accident

    March

    April

    • The kids and I spent spring break in Logan with my friend Lynsie and her kids
    • Eva turned 7
    • Eva's earrings got stuck in her ears, and she had to have them removed in the ER

    May

    • Scotty went to Mexico for work
    • We got three baby chicks
    • Top Gun: Maverick rocked our world!
    • Nicky finished a cornhole set as his final project in his woods class
    • The girls had their end of year dance concert
    • Zoe did a 5k with her school's running club
    • Daisy made dance company for the junior high

    June

    July

    • We went to see In the Heights for Scotty's birthday
    • Scotty turned 41
    • Scotty, Daisy, and I went to girls camp

    August

    • Scotty went to South America for work
    • Nicky was on the high school's golf team
    • Nicky and Scotty went backpacking in the Uintas with the priests' quorum
    • Nicky started 10th grade
    • Daisy started 7th grade and went to junior high
    • Zoe started 4th grade
    • Eva started 2nd grade

    September

    October

    • I made and sold pumpkin rolls for Halloween and Thanksgiving

    November

    December

    • Nicky got his braces off
    • Daisy got a part in the jr high’s musical 
    • Zoe went on the 4th grade skiing field trip
    • Nicky turned 16

    No comments: