Saturday, December 31, 2022

Wherein I'm a Little Too Enthusiastic About My Birthday

If I had a nickel for every time I've casually mentioned my birthday on my blog over the past month... I'd probably be able to buy a bouncy ball. But just in case it hasn't sunken in yet, let me tell you about my birthday one more time... It's tomorrow, and I'm turning 39, which means one more year 'til 40! I have big dreams for the final 365 days of my thirties. I'll talk about that more at a later time (so I can buy two bouncy balls), but in the meantime, welcome to my Blogger Birthday Party. Let's celebrate with a little game of True or False. Here are 39 statements - some are true, and some are false (genius, right?) Tomorrow, I will confess all! 


True or False?

1. I’m allergic to sesame seeds.

2. I never make my bed.

3. I can’t spell verbally.

4. I can quote most of all three Austin Powers movies.

5. I have taken belly dancing classes.

6. I love mythology.

7. I’ve been to six U2 concerts.

8. I hate baby/bridal shower games, but I always win them. 

9. I wear color contacts.

10. My favorite board game is Cranium.

11. I refuse to buy clocks with Roman numerals.

12. I love toast.

13. I throw with my left hand and do everything else with my right hand.

14. I like the smell of cigarettes.

15. I wear socks to bed every night.

16. I love beets.

17. I accidentally walked through a glass door once.

18. I own over 300 books.

19. I’ve been on flights with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Anne Hathaway.

20. I floss everyday.

21. My first crush was Marty McFly.

22. I like the sensation of stretching my nostrils.

23. As a child, I had recurring nightmares about King Kong.

24. I don’t like cookies.

25. I can’t swim.

26. I accidentally got my friend Wendy fired from her job at Quiznos when we were in high school.

27. I love Bill Murray.

28. I’m good with names.

29. I took ukelele lessons growing up.

30. I used to lie and tell people I was a barrel racer in the rodeo.

31. I’ve read the French translation of Pride and Prejudice.

32. I’ve never been skiing.

33. I love the smell of vintage Volkswagens.

34. I never learned how to type.

35. I hate quinoa.

36. I've never read nor watched any version of Little Women or Anne of Green Gables.

37. I have no desire to do artistic painting.

38. I can recite the preamble to the US Constitution.

39. I can do the splits. 

No comments: