Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Happenings

It’s late Wednesday night, but I can’t shut down quite yet. My mind is racing, so I’m blogging. Here is a review of some of the things we’ve been up to over the past week:

For Young Women, Daisy (who is her class president) and I spray painted hundreds of popsicle sticks for the girls to make snowflakes. Here is the sample we provided:

 
And here’s how it went:

 
We went to Luminaria at Thanksgiving Point with my in-laws in lieu of a family Christmas party. This is the third year in a row that my family has attended, and it really is a nice event.


We had a family Christmas party with Scotty’s mom’s side of the family for the first time since pre-COVID. The theme was  “Flapjacks & Flannnel,” and being a family that doesn’t own much flannel, this gave me one more excuse to go to DI.


My mother-in-law had some of the grandkids dress as elves and deliver her neighbor gifts. The kids had a blast, and we got some fun photos. We borrowed the costumes from Scotty’s aunt Charlotte who has everything. If you ever need some strange, obscure thing, like a giant lighthouse or ten pairs of stilts, Charlotte probably has it.


(This is only a small portion of the 30-ish grandkids on this side of the family).

With another excuse to go to DI, I picked out a couple of books for everyone in my book club for Christmas (act surprised, Naomi!)


Nicky’s braces are OFF, and he is so happy! He got his permanent bottom retainer put in, and he got fitted for his top one, which we will pick up next week.


Daisy has been doing a lot of choir performances for school. They’ve been going to senior centers to sing, and this week she had a choir concert. 


We had dinner and games at Timber’s house where Nicky learned that Santa’s reindeer is named Vixen and not Vincent. He didn’t believe us, so he Googled it. Sucka.


My mom turned 60. I had to text three people and finally look it up on my Church record to confirm her age, lest I make a shmuck of myself by decorating her garage doors a year early. 



I made her a themed gift basket.


Not everyone can give their 60 year old mother a “smart ass” gift basket, but I can because that’s my mom’s love language.


In addition to that, we had Zoe’s school choir concert, a stage rehearsal for my girls’ dance concert (coming up this weekend), and a mission not-farewell. Then tomorrow is Zoe’s 4th grade skiing trip, so we had to go rent her gear and gather all the appropriate attire. 

Everything in this post has been from Wednesday to Wednesday.

When I’m feeling stressed, I look at this cat photo:


Feel free to take a screen shot to get you through the holidays.

Meow.

No comments: