Saturday, May 21, 2022

Ten Things That Happened While Scotty was in Mexico

Scotty took his first post-pandemic work trip this week. He went to Mexico City for a few days and then took a flight to Campeche (which I've never heard of...) It's hard to believe it's been over two years since he last traveled for work! But years have past, and he doesn't even have the same job he had when the pandemic began. His new job doesn't seem to require quite as much travel as the last one, but we don't really know... because pandemic. 

Obligatory Mexican Food Photo

In the past, whenever Scotty has traveled, I've tried my darndest to keep it together, but there's always some sort of crisis or big event while he's gone. Originally, when this trip was planned, he was slated to miss Mother's Day, our anniversary, and our girls' dance concerts. But at the last minute, they changed travel dates because Mexico celebrates Mother's Day on May 10th, and the facilities Scotty needed to visit would be closed. I was so relieved he didn't miss dance concert week because it's a really stressful time for me. It's nice to have him there so I can yell, "Hand me a bobby pin! Fasten that costume! Find Zoe's other shoe!"

Nevertheless, things were hectic and busy while Scotty was in Mexico, and we had a few curveballs thrown at us. Here are ten things that happened while he was gone:

1. Zoe started with a herpes outbreak in her mouth, but luckily, she told me about it as soon as the sores started, and I was able to get her on an antiviral and nip it in the bud right away!

2. My credit card and debit card got flagged for fraudulent activity. So did Scotty's and Nicky's cards, and all because I was trying to cheat at Subway and get BOGO footlongs twice. 

3. Zoe decided five minutes before auditions that she wanted to try out for a dance team, so I abandoned dinner and ran out the door with her. 

4. The house was eighty degrees for three days. 

5. I spontaneously brought home three baby chickens (follow up post to come). 

6. One of the blinkers went out in the van. 

7. I lost my budgeting notebook, which I live by, for four days. I scoured the house over and over and finally found it inside a cookbook in my pantry. 

8. I made taco soup, and when I grabbed a bag of corn from the freezer to put in it, I was startled to discover it was actually a bag of pizza rolls. I had to fish about twenty pizza rolls out of the soup. Then the soup was too spicy to eat so I had to triple it to dilute the spiciness. 

9. I tried canned bread (follow up post to come).

10. I had a 2.5 cm cyst removed from an unmentionable location on my body and then walked out of the doctors office with a big lump of gauze bulging in my pants. 

As a bonus, on Friday, I ended up eating lunch among a group of gay swingers. How did I know they were gay swingers? They had t-shirts advertising them as such. 

After a slight delay due to malfunctioning toilets on the plane, Scotty flew home from Mexico City and arrived safe and sound! 


No comments: