Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Goal Check-In #4

In September I made a list of 21 goals I'd like to accomplish before 2021

Here's how things are going:

1. No soda for the rest of the year.

Still going strong!

2. Finish reading Jesus the Christ

I'm on chapter 21, and it has become a battle. This book is a beast. I'm not even half-way done!

3. Try 10 new recipes. Done!

4. Get a haircut. Done! But I'm already due for another one.  

5. Don't eat out for a month. Done!

6. Finish the closet doors in the basement. Done! 

7. Get the door hung on the storage room.

Haven't started. 

8. Hang the closet doors in the kids' bedrooms.

Haven't started. 

In fact, working on these doors is the last thing I want to do right now. Oh, help me!

9. Weigh less on December 31 than I weighed on September 29.

I weighed myself yesterday, and I weigh exactly what I weighed on September 29. I better take it easy on the holiday treats because I need to lose a pound next month!

10. Walk 250 miles. 

I don't think I'm going to make it, but I'm not calling it quits. I am at 130 miles. 

11. Do 2,000 push-ups.

I'm at 1,109.

12. Do a DI run. Done!

13. Clean out the garden. Done! 

14. Try something new. Done!

15. Finish 9 books. Done!

16. Clean out the box of junk that's been sitting on the window seat in my bedroom since July. Done!

17. Go to the doctor. Done! 

18. Complete a study of temple symbols.

I just finished this week! My study plan was to read a book called 175 Temple Symbols and their Meanings by Don Parry and listen to a podcast with the author. Then re-listen to the talk "Understanding the Sacred Symbolism of Temple Clothing" by Kim Gibbs. 

I had really high hopes for the book, but it ended up not really being what I hoped for. Same with the podcast. I enjoyed the talk by Sister Gibbs, though. I listened to it last year and have always wanted to listen to it again and jot down notes (which I did). 

19. Buy a dishwasher.

Last time I checked in, I mentioned that I might modify this goal because buying a dishwasher doesn't seem important anymore. It's something I can put off for now. Yeah, our current dishwasher is a piece of junk, but it still works. Kind of. 

I'm going to go ahead and change this goal to something completely unrelated. I am going to participate in the Light the World initiative this year. I've never done it, save for the Day of Service in 2016. 

20. Finish a self-reliance class.  Done!

21. Hang the sign over the washer and dryer that's been sitting on the floor for two months. Done! 

This is the last time I'll check in until 2021 (since it makes for a very boring blog post). Wish me luck with all those stupid doors!

No comments: