Occasionally I like to look for writing prompts on the internet. Most of them really aren't my style, but sometimes I find a prompt or questionnaire that I like. This one made me laugh because it's titled, "Questions to ask your boyfriend."
Since I'm fresh outta boyfriends, I guess I'll answer the questions myself.
1. What movie was so sad you will never watch it again?
I think this is a really good question, but I can't think of one. There are plenty of movies I won't watch again but not because they are sad.
2. What are the two biggest lessons you've learned from previous relationships?
Since I haven't had a lot of romantic relationships in my life, I'm going to answer this from a friendship perspective.
Lesson 1: The best friendships are built on the true version of yourself.
Lesson 2: Competition can't be a thing.
Just don't ask me how often I still fail at these lessons.
3. What would be the absolute perfect day?
I'm not going to answer this question because I kind of hate it, but I want to point out that this question pops up in, like, every questionnaire in the history of ever.
4. What did you learn a little too late?
I feel like my life's lessons have come at the right time, but I wish I'd had better social skills as a teenager and young adult.
5. What gross and unhygienic things do people do that bother you?
I'm not a huge germaphobe, so I can tolerate a lot. I'm not saying I like gross and unhygienic things, but I'm not super sensitive about it. The one thing that really annoys me, though, is when women don't properly care for and dispose of their menstrual products in restrooms. Ladies! C'mon!
6. What habit do you have that you don't think many other people have?
I make a clicking sound in the back of my throat when I'm tired, and I always space my steps evenly between cracks in the sidewalk. I also like to shoot rose petals out of my nostrils. Don't knock it til you've tried it!
7. What are you too hard on yourself for?
I don't want you to know!
(Funny how I'm secure enough to admit that I like shooting rose petals out of my nose, but I can't tell you what I'm hard on myself for).
8. What habits do you have that annoy other people?
Oh boy. This is something I just have to guess on. I tend to be a bit of a control freak, and that might annoy some people. Also, I clear my throat a lot, and that's probably irritating to listen to. I sometimes meddle where I shouldn't, and I probably give people unwanted advice and act like a know-it-all.
9. What do most people overestimate or underestimate about you?
For some reason, people always assume I'm good at doing hair, and I'm really not. My whole life, people have asked me to french braid their hair - like there's something about me that says, "This girl can braid!" It never goes well. I'm really bad at doing hair.
I don't know if anyone really underestimates me. I'm surrounded by people who believe in me. Whaddayaknow!
10. How often do you feel utterly worn down?
This might be May speaking, but as far as I can tell... all the dang time.
11. What is something that you should do but will never do?
12. What was the best thing about how your parents raised you?
My mom never really helicoptered. She let me make a lot of my own decisions, which is something that worked really well for my personality. My dad was good about making me earn money and spend it wisely.
13. What do you most look forward to about getting old?
Having no house payment.
At least, that's the goal. We have a plan, and we are on track with that plan, but we are also open to direction from the Lord.
14. What is the biggest sign of weakness in a person?
Not being able to admit when they're wrong. As a person who does not like to be wrong, I know this to be true. But also, not being able to forgive.
15. What's something you tried really hard to like but just couldn't?
This Is Us.
I can't with Mandy Moore. I just can't!
16. What makes you different from most people?
You mean besides the fact that I like shooting rose petals out of my nose, and I don't like This Is Us?
17. What was the best mistake you ever made?
I thought and thought about this, and I honestly can't think of a time I've made a mistake and things turned out better for it.
18. If money was no object, where would you live?
I would buy several houses in an old run-down neighborhood and make many of my family and friends move there with me (which they will agree to... because FREE HOUSES). We would fix up the houses and help build up an existing community.
19. Who was the most toxic person you've ever known?
I don't know if I can really bestow that honor on someone, but a former co-worker comes to mind.
20. What were the last two books that you read?
Even This and Celebrating a Christ-Centered Easter both of which happen to be by Emily Belle Freeman, and I read them at the beginning of April, so dang, it's been a while since I finished a book.
21. If you dropped everything and went on a road trip, where would you go?
I'd love to head across the nation and hit several places along the way. I love road trips, so I'm really good with anywhere! I'd love to see the Redwoods and the Oregon coast. I also really want to go to Nauvoo. And Mount Rushmore. I could go to Idaho to see Shannon and Cyndi or to Memphis to see the temple Scotty helped renovate. I love South Carolina, and Disneyworld has been calling my name for quite some time!
22. What makes you nervous?
Calling people on the phone. It's so stupid, but I know a lot of you can relate. I'm always worried that I'm bothering people or that I'll have to face some form of rejection. But mostly I worry that we won't be able to hear/understand each other.
23. What makes you angrier than it should?
People letting me go ahead of them when they have the right of way in traffic. You were there first! Just go! You disrupt the flow when you start flagging people to go ahead of you. I may be the most impatient person on the planet, but I can wait three seconds at a four-way stop for my turn. Keep a movin!
24. What are the manliest and least manly things you have ever done?
I guess this is where the boyfriend things becomes relevant. But never fear! I will answer this question! When I was a kid, I tried to master the art of peeing while standing. It was both the manliest and the least manly thing I've ever done.
25. How do you feel about pets and animals?
Pretty much the same way I feel about kids. They are wonderful when they are clean and well-behaved.