Thursday, July 19, 2018

Currently {July 2018 Edition}

Reading: The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King.

Watching: Step by Step. Nothing like a good ole flashback to the nineties. I also just finished Gilmore Girls yesterday. I watched the series and the reboot for the second time, and I love/hate it.

Wanting: Four gallons of milk to magically appear in my fridge so I don't have to take any kids to the store. Technically, today is grocery day, and I should just put in an order to pick up, but I don't feel like it. I'm not in the mood to make a grocery list, and we aren't to the point of empty cupboards yet, so I can get by for a few more days except for that darn milk.

Craving: Moochies. Always Moochies. A 6" philly cheese steak sandwich, an order of fries, and a Dr. Pepper.

Wearing: My pajamas. Because why not?

Singing: "Solider of Love" by Donny Osmond.

Stressing about: Nothing. I decided to just give up on everything.

Buying: Amazon Prime junk and back to school clothes. I didn't mean to shop Prime Day - I just accidentally kept buying stuff.

Trying: Nothing. Because I have up on everything (see "stressing about").

Missing: Vacation. My bed in Lake Tahoe, going to the beach all day, and 80 degree weather. Sigh... poor me.

Proud of: Our cucumber. I can't grow cucumbers, but this year, the first vegetable harvested from our garden was a cucumber! It will probably be the only one, but gosh darn, I did it.

Our garden is actually doing really terrible. We've lost the touch. Two years off will do that to ya!

Frustrated by: My kitchen table which received its first damage from dried Cheerios (they took the paint off).

Burdened by: Allergies. I have sneezed and sniffled all summer. This is new to me.

Tired of: Wiping butts. Zoe has decided all of a sudden that she can't wipe her own butt, so she sits on the toilet and screams for me, and I say, "Zoe, you can wipe your own butt!" and then she yells, "I caaaaaaan't!" and then I say, "You caaaaaaan! Get some toilet paper and take care of it!" And then she will sit on the toilet (or throw herself on the floor bare butt) and scream for half an hour.

Eva has a different problem. She still needs assistance some of the time, but she will call me up the bathroom to wipe her and then as soon as the job is done, she says, "Okay, now I poop more."

This morning, during Eva's wiping session, she suddenly leapt from the toilet, slamming her head into my nose. It hurt like the Dickens, and I can't help but think, what if she'd broken my nose??? I'd have to tell people that my nose got broken while wiping my daughter's butt! And that's totally something that would happen to me.

Wiping butts is dangerous!

Looking forward to: Taking Nicky to Hale Theater to see Newsies. It's just Scotty, Nicky, and me, and we haven't been to the new theater yet, so I'm excited to check it out.

Neglecting: Everything (see "trying" and "stressing about").

Annoyed by: My kids fighting and whining. This has been my worst parenting summer of all time. I'm at my wits end. I don't have an ounce of patience left.

Needing: Order and quiet.

Loving: Books. I'm starting to read again. Oh how I've missed books!

Thankful for: Having enough. Even when things are tight, and I'm not sure how we'll make it, we always have what we need.

No comments: