Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lately...


...I've been making hot chocolate for the kids in the morning, and they (of course) love it. The last two mornings, though, haven't had the chill factor going on, so I've skipped the hot chocolate and faced the wrath.

...I've become obsessed with shampooing my couches. I would call it nesting except that I only care about the couches and nothing else. Kitchen floor? Messy and sticky as can be. Couches? Shampooed twice in less than 24 hours.

...Scotty has been having nightmares about death row. He's in a Business Law class at school right now, and last week he had to watch To Kill a Mockingbird and 12 Angry Men. He has been reading The Innocent Man by John Grisham and attending the Martin MacNeill preliminary trial. What do all of these things have in common? Murder. What does murder have to do with a degree in business? Not a whole lot.

...My kids have been taking a community ed. tumbling class, and boy! Is it fun!... Except for when Daisy pushes down the other kids right as they begin their cartwheels, and I have to waddle chase her across the mat and hold her in time out in front of all of the other parents while she screams her head off and the other children make comments, like, "Mom? Why does that girl do mean things?"

...Both Daisy and Nicky have been experiencing pre-baby regression. Both are talking like babies, and Daisy has reverted from being completely potty trained (for six weeks) to being back in diapers full-time.

...Daisy has been having a problem with potty words. Everything out of her mouth is preceded or followed by "pee pee," "poo poo," or "stinky bum bum." (She is out on the front porch yelling "poopy" at cars as I type!!!) She also has a nasty habit of calling random women at the store "witches."

...I've been reading Roald Dahl with Nicky and realizing how crude his books are.

...I've been craving toasted subs.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

This reminded me of the time we were in the freezer section at Walmart and kid three walked up to some lady and said "What's up Beeeeeyotch" I almost DIED but I can sure laugh about it now =0P

k said...

They are giving you a full-on run for your money, aren't they? Holy snakes.

And, ahhhhh, toasted sub. My favorite is the Subway Melt (ham, turkey, bacon) on flatbread. Is DELIGHTFUL.