Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Currently {October 2012 Edition}

Reading: The Book of Mormon

Wondering: if this baby is a boy or a girl. I have no inklings.

Procrastinating: most things, but I don't feel a sense of urgency about anything right now.

Wanting: a new pair of slippers. Mine were missing for about five months. I found them about two months ago and lost them within a week. I don't know what my problem is.

Craving: anything sweet that can be washed down with an ice cold glass of milk.

Wearing: maternity jeans, black shirt, and flip-flops.

Relieved by: the cooler weather. It refreshes me!

Missing: Scotty. Full-time work and full-time school make a bad combination.

Stressing about: very little. Things are pretty calm for the moment.

Addicted to: fall. I just can't get enough. It's cool enough to drink hot chocolate with breakfast and warm enough to hang out at the park during the day. I'm in love.

Dreading: that first trip to the bathroom after I have this baby. You know... the one where a nurse tags along and watches you pee and you have to squirt water on yourself with a peri bottle so you don't die. Shudder...

Needing: new eyeliner. Daisy used mine to draw a picture over the weekend. Can anyone recommend an awesome eyeliner that doesn't smudge?

Annoyed by: malls.

Suffering from: heartburn.

Tired of: heartburn.

Thankful for: my sweet five-year-old son who tells me all the time that my tummy doesn't look very big.

Enjoying: feeling good about myself. Yes, I'm very pregnant, but right now I don't feel self-conscious about the way I look. At all. I hope I can maintain that after I have the baby. Who cares if my stomach is squishy? I just want to be happy!

Disappointed in: the amount of TV I've been watching lately.

Avoiding: spicy food.

Proud of myself for: staying quiet during a gossipy conversation last week. Oh, it was hard!

Looking forward to: General Conference this weekend.

Splurging on: gas. We've been driving a lot lately.

Loving: this picture of Daisy and her cousin:

Brigham City

3 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

You know...they have this cool thing now where they can see what kind of baby you're having. Just saying! :) (I am DYING to know boy or girl!)

My favorite eyeliner is the Lancome pencil. I know that sounds fancy/snooty, but really it's not. I buy it when they have a gift so even though the pencil itself is kind of expensive, it evens out with the gift items (which I totally use). I only ever buy eyeliner and powder as far as make-up goes. For eyeshadow & blush I use the gift items!

That is an ADORABLE photo! Love!

As for the first post-baby pee. I was always astounded at how much I COULD pee, post-baby. You forget, when your bladder is squished down by a baby, just how much pee a normal bladder can hold. The first pee always seems to last forever. LOL, is that TMI???

Hugs!

k said...

I am not a fan of malls. AT ALL.

Rhi said...

Oh man, I really would have appreciated a heads up on the fact that a nurse was going to watch me pee for the first time post baby. BUT, I do truly believe that I had the best nurse in the world for this unfortunate event. She was so sweet and caring um encouraging? and I kind of wanted her to adopt me.