Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Do Tell! - Candy

Do you remember the song "Candy" by Mandy Moore? It was her "break out hit," and sometimes I think I'm the only one who knows it ever happened.


(I spent way too many hours watching The Box back in the day).

(So did Scotty, so it's very appropriate that we found each other).

Mandy Moore and her candy similes aside, Halloween is coming, and there is candy everywhere. I turn into a bit of a mad woman at Halloween because I'm stuck somewhere in between hating the candy with a furious passion and wanting to hide in a closet with it to play Seven Minutes in Heaven.

Yesterday my mom stocked me up with a grand stash of candy for trick or treaters. It's sitting on top of my fridge taunting me now, so, of course, I can't stop thinking about it.

Candy in the morning and in the afternoon
Candy in the evening and underneath the moon!

So today I'm wondering, what is your favorite candy? BUT before you answer, let's establish a ground rule: you must pretend there is absolutely nothing wrong with sugar. That means no disclaimers in your comments, such as, "We don't keep candy in the house, but blah bla blah," or "I try not to eat candy, but blah blah blah..." Yes, we all feel the obligation to say such things, but let's just pretend we all eat sugar all the time, and there's nothing wrong with it!

Do tell!

As for me, I can't name any one candy as "favorite" but if I had a custom-made trick or treat bag, it would probably include Almond Joys, Snickers, Reese's Pieces, Peanut M&Ms, Dove Promises, Tootsie Rolls, and Everlasting Gobstoppers.

And, even though it's Halloween, there would probably be some Cadbury Mini Eggs in there, too!

13 comments:

Amy said...

I would have to say my favorites are snickers/mars bars, kit kats, and reese's pieces!

Melanie said...

Oh gosh, this is like asking me to choose a favorite child. First we must distinguish between chocolate and non-chocolate candy. Between the two, chocolate wins every time. And then we must distinguish between American chocolate and specialty chocolate. Who wouldn't choose a Cadbury or Lindt bar over Hersheys? My picks are Specialty: Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffle Bar, Chocolate: Milky Way Dark, Non-chocolate: Swedish Fish

Katie said...

I might be one of the weird ones but chocolate is really not my thing. I like chewy/fruity things. Um, laffy taffys, salt water taffy (basically anything that can pull my teeth out of my head), flavored tootsie rolls, etc.

Amy Sorensen said...

Lindt dark chocolate truffle balls. Does that sound snobby? I just...gah, I love them so much, the way the chocolate crunches and then your teeth sink into soft delicious sweetness. mmmmmm.

But I also love Reece's PB cups, dark Milky Ways, Almond Joys, and Babe Ruths.

(My stomach grumbled, literally, while I was writing this, tee hee!)

Kristen said...

I agree with Melanie on the non-chocolate winner....mmmm.... Swedish fish! In the chocolate category, I think I like Mounds the best and Reese's PB cups (regular or mini-size) next.

Tuckett's (Janilee) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tuckett's (Janilee) said...

Right now I am eating tons of Reese's PB cups...but only the mini ones!! I also love love chocolate covered almonds. Earlier in the year I was into choc. covered raisins but I think I ate enough to last for 5 years! :) And then the last one I am going to say is Ghirardelli Squares...the dark chocolate with caramel! Yum!!

Kristin said...

Skittles (in the purple bag). Twix (I'm heartbroken they don't make the peanut butter ones anymore!). Whatchamacalits. Peanut butter cups. Gummy bears. Salt water taffy. Cookies and cream Hershey bars. Sweetarts. Ghirardelli squares (milk chocolate with caramel or peanut butter). Sour patch kids. Swedish fish!

Lindz said...

Cadbury Mini eggs, yum! Gummy bears are my all time fave. Last night we picked up Halloween candy, for the trick-or-treaters but me knowing full well I'll eat most of it before then. Nick picks out the chocolate item because I'm not a huge chocolate fan but I can eat the heck out of kit kats and reeses and then we got airheads too. I definitely ate five last night before bed.
Oh and Heath bars, I love toffee.

Isabel said...

My candy obsessions fluctuate. That being said, I'd never turn away from peanut butter M&M's. Typically I gravitate towards the non-chocolate candies....like starburst and skittles and candy corn and salt water taffy. Yeah, I think maybe salt water taffy is my favorite.

(And Britt, Almond Joy, really? I would rather eat dirt then anything with coconut.)

k said...

Um, I totally love that song and have it on my iPod when workout. Heh.

Trisha said...

Reese's or Peanut M&Ms

Amber said...

Milky Way, Reeses PB Cups, Skittles. Im happy,