Sunday, July 19, 2026

Summer Since We Last Spoke

I did a lil summer update back at the beginning of June when summer was just starting. 

Here are some things we’ve done since then:



We went fishing


I went kayaking with Shannon while she was visiting from Idaho


We celebrated Father's Day


Scotty went to North Carolina and Chicago for ten days for work

Daisy and Zoe went to girls camp

Daisy and I went to the Derek Hough concert (it was fantastic)!


The girls went camping with my mom for a weekend

We hit Nicky's one year mark!

Nicky had a visit from his theatre teacher on that very day!


I let my girls repaint the playhouse (I let them do it every year, and they can paint it however they want).


We went to the Ogden Dinosaur Park (we weren't a very nice family because we made fun of all the dinosaurs)


We had a Rite of Committal on the one year anniversary of my sister-in-law, Amber's passing to lay her ashes to rest

Everyone was invited to leave a small trinket to 
remember her by, so I left some pieces of our pinata

Eva went to the zoo and to Thanksgiving Point with her grandparents and some cousins




We celebrated Scotty's birthday at Lagoon

Scotty loves to squish into the rides, so here we are with three of us
barely able to sit together on TerrorRide

We also went to Desert Star on Scotty’s birthday (it was a busy day)


On the 4th of July we went to our ward breakfast and the neighborhood parade. Then we went to a park with cousins and had a picnic, looked for golf balls, hung out in hammocks, and played on the slackline

Me showcasing Christie's 4th of July fit

The girls carried one of our chickens in the parade
(I was so glad no dogs came after her)

Hanging out in the hammock - Eva is in her ugly face phase

Scotty, Daisy, and Zoe went to youth conference 



Scotty, Mark, and Kyle bought matching suits, and we had a heyday taking photos of them at the youth conference fireside


Zoe went to Oakcrest (a church camp for 13-ish year olds)


I did 2.5 puzzles (I tried to do a 2,000 piecer by myself and didn't make it. I had to clear it off the table for Game Night)



Zoe wanted to learn how to make honey candy, so we enlisted Grandma to make it happen so I didn’t have to teach her (I still ended up getting roped into helping - it’s the Grandma’s way)



When I look at this list it seems like we’ve been pretty busy and partying pretty hard. It’s amazing how much time we’ve still spent sitting around doing nothing and brain rotting in front of the TV. But, as this post indicates, we’ve had fun in between.

We have 23 days until school starts!

No comments: