Three things I love coming home to are:
1. My Bed
I like my pillows and my blankets and my mattress and my CPAP and my lamp and my messy nightstand and all they have to offer. I know the noises and the temperatures that come with sleeping in my own bed, so I'm always grateful to return to the familiarity.
2. My Bidet
The first spritz after being without a bidet for days is most appreciated.
3. My Projection Clock
I have a clock that projects the time on the ceiling, and it's amazing how accustomed I am to having that luxury. I find myself confused in dark hotel rooms and camping tents when I open my eyes, and the time's not there! I always think I'll bring my clock with me (it's battery operated, so I don't even have to worry about powering it), but I never remember!
Us being away for a few days
Another thing I love returning home to is the garden. It's usually the first thing I want to do after I get home (even before using the bidet) - go look at the garden. What has grown? What has died (a sad truth)? What needs to be picked? You know the old adage, "A watched pot never boils?" It's very true in gardening. Sometimes the best things happen when you're not looking, so going away for a few days is very exciting.
The garden a month sgo
(the updated version is gonna be wild!)
(Does this post give away my age, or what?)
No comments:
Post a Comment