Sunday, March 31, 2024

Things I Didn’t Know in High School

My kids would end up going to the same high school I went to.

I would have five sisters-in-law that I went to junior high or high school with (and all but one would get divorced).

Coach Olson would still work there 20 years later and somehow look exactly the same.

I would have dreams about forgetting my locker combination, forgetting the dance choreography, forgetting my schedule, and forgetting to do my math homework for the rest of my life.

My teachers weren’t as old as I thought they were.

Some of the people I went to school with but never really talked to would become really good friends later in life. 

The boy who flipped a kid over in his desk during math class in 8th grade would one day be my brother-in-law and marry my best friend.

Some of my classmates wouldn’t live long past graduation. 

I didn’t miss anything by not getting a letterman’s jacket or class ring.

I would eventually reconnect with some of my teachers using something called “social media.”  

I would one day chaperone the dances. 

My high school would be the first in our area to have weapon scanners.

One of my kids would have their first kiss with one of my classmate’s kids. 

My parking spot would be converted to faculty parking. 

They would get rid of the Gate Lady (IYKYK).



No comments: