Sunday, March 17, 2024

Things I Don’t Need to Write About

I usually keep a list on my phone of ideas for blog posts. Some of them never get written because, when it comes down to it, I think, “I don’t really need to write about that.” One thing about me is I can go on and on in great detail about very uninteresting things. Just ask my friend Shannon - I sent her a lengthy Marco Polo the other day about the colors of the spray bottles at the car wash, and how I can’t tell if the yellowish/greenish one is glass cleaner because it’s not labeled. I probably didn’t need to tell her that. 

(If you like hearing about topics such as this, please sign up for my weekly newsletter).

(I don’t actually have a weekly newsletter). 

(This morning I went ahead and used the yellowish/greenish bottle as glass cleaner). 

(I think it worked).

(I let Shannon know).

Today as I was reviewing my list of blogging ideas, I eliminated the things I really don’t need to blog about.

For example, I don’t need to write a tribute to the green bathrobe I’m throwing away.

I also don’t need to blog about how I pierced my own ear the other day (but if I die, please tell them that I used a disposable ear gun from China that I purchased for $2.50 on Amazon. I’m sure they’ll figure it out in the autopsy, but you might be able to save them some time by pointing them in that direction).

I’m not going to write a post about how I waited over an hour for an order of fries from Wingstop on Friday night.

And I’m not going to write about me being the only person in my family who likes Chex Mix and how that makes me feel very lonely sometimes.

Or a detailed description of why I load the dishwasher the way I do.

Or an elaborate commentary about how the pharmacy tech where I get my meds won’t hand me my receipt, and instead says, “Don’t forget your receipt!” as she walks away, and I have to remove it from the register myself.

And I’m most certainly not going to blog about the weather. Instead I’ll show you this photo of me channeling spring:


That’s a whole lotta things crossed off my list, so I’m going to need to come up with some new material.


No comments: