Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Currently {July 2020 Edition}

Reading:

Listening to: the Trolls 2 soundtrack. Partially because my kids leave me no choice, but also because I secretly like it.

Buying: new tires for the truck. They were baaaaaad. I have a husband who waits far too long to replace the tires on his vehicles (he keeps up on mine, though).

Craving: sleep. I've been so tired lately. Every morning by 8:00 I feel like I need to take a nap. Right now it's 9:23, and I could lay down and pass out instantly if given the chance. My ideal nap right now would involve a cold rainstorm and my kids being off the premises.

Watching:


I have a post about Victoria running through my head. Maybe it will happen someday.


We love World of Dance at our house. We usually watch it when it airs, but last night we had some conflicts, so we're ready to catch up via Hulu today. Can't wait! 

Wearing: Toy Story t-shirt and ugly shorts.

Finishing: painting the basement. Last night we did the ceiling and baseboards. Now we need to do a few touch-ups. We are getting closer to having the basement done. We need to lay some tile under the washer and dryer, put shelving in the closet, build two sets of closet doors, finish the electrical, and get carpet. It could be done in a couple of weeks... or a couple of years. We're unpredictable like that!

Drawing: 


I had dreams of doing an entire series of Mario drawings on our sidewalk this week, but it's been rainy.

Eating: pizza. One of our neighbors showed up at our door with four pizzas last night, we we are putting forth our best pizza-eating efforts! I'll be feeding 8 kids lunch today, so I think we'll manage.

Feeling: heartburn-y and emotional rollercoaster-y. 

Missing: being able to walk any direction I want down a grocery store aisle. I've always been an advocate for proper traffic flow in stores - stay to the right, don't park your cart in people's way, etc - but I am not a fan of one-way traffic. Especially when people won't obey. As much as I hate the arrows, I will give you the stink eye if you come tromping down my aisle in the wrong direction. If I obey the arrows, everyone else should, too. 

Beware my stink eye! It has power beyond measure!

Looking forward to: 


Two more days. But we probably won't watch for a few days due to weekend plans.

"I'm willing to wait for it." 

Grateful for: books, antidepressants, and slippers with rubber soles so I can pretend they are shoes. 

No comments: